Im ready to go water

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBooCakes

Baseband Member
So my build is good and done [thnx again guys!!!], just in time for the next pay check, so obviously water cooling is the way to go, so i have a budget of $300(tax included lol).
current rig:

MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P X58 Core i7 LGA1366
CPU: Intel Core i7 920
CPU FAN: Cooler Master v8
GRAPHICS CARD: PNY GeForce GTX 295 Video Card - 1792MB GDDR3
RAM: G.Skill 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
PSU: Corsair CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready
HDD: Samsung Spinpoint 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
CASE: Thermaltake Spedo Advance Package

But I don't know if it will fit in my case... my dvd/cd drive, blu ray drive, and NZXT temp/fan control take up the 5.25" drive bays. i could move my dvd/cd and blu ray drive to the bottom with the drive bay converter making two 5.25" drive bays open at the top. internal or external im fine with, as long as it wont be difficult to maintain the water cooler.

Well, upon looking at the case, I think the simplest mounting solution would be to hang the radiator off the back of the case with the barb end facing up.

There looks to be enough room between the top of the case and the top of the fan mount to drill holes to let the tubing into the case.

Don't take what I say as gospel though, I have never seen the Spedo in person and I'm only going on a quick guesstimate of the space to work with.

If I am correct in my assumption Your bets bet would be to get an XSPC RX360 radiator, Sidewinder Computers - Supplier of High Quality PC Modding and Cooling parts has them for cheap as their shipment had some paint damage, something that can be fixed with a quick rattlecan paint job.

Just use a gutted 120mm fan attached to the one side of the radiator to attach it to the case using some bolts and then put fans on the outer facing side of the radiator to facilitate cooling.

Here is an example of what my former setup looked like which should give you a better idea of how I'm telling you to hang your radiator.

techPowerUp! :: Case Modding Gallery : 2008 Black Aurora Updates

For the rest of your parts, Laing DDC 3.2 MCP355 pump, along with the XSPC Reservoir pump top, A Swiftech GTZ with the i7 mounting kit, 1/2" ID 3/4" od tubing, worm drive clamps, distilled water, and Petras PT-Nuke PHN additive.

Unfortunately with that budget GPU cooling is out of the question, however should you decide to go that route in the future, all the other parts will handle that addition just fine.

/essay

love the visual example lol.
I understand what you are talking about on how i should set this up.
how much more would it cost to go for GPU cooling? o.0

no input on the water here but i gotta say that build is impressive. what did you spend total on that beast?

2bills for a graphic card water block.... yeah.... thnx man.... imma just air cool it that sucker then, that is too much for me, the card can wait til the price drops LOL

no input on the water here but i gotta say that build is impressive. what did you spend total on that beast?

I bought the more expensive parts through Tigerdirect since they do not charge tax since I live in CA, and just bought the rest off Newegg. I ended up paying a little over 2k but that including the NZXT fan/temp gauge/control, the Blu Ray Drive, and 5 x Noctua 120mm fans. I would have saved 200+ if i didnt buy them. Probably could have saved a bit more if I took my time to shop around for better deals on all the parts.

OH im still looking for a good monitor, im stuck on this tv.
It's not only going be my monitor it is also going be my new tv for my room so umm yeah feedback please
Toshiba 32AV502U 32" LCD HDTV - 720p, Cinespeed 8 ms, 2x HDMI, ATSC, NTSC, PC Input, S-Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom