im gonna get a 9450

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would get the Q9450. With your motherboard you should have no problem overclocking it and the 45nm quads are about 10% faster clock for clock than the 65nm ones.

Wow you really got a bunk chip if you cant get past 3.4. I'm hoping to actually be able to get stable at 4.0 once i get the watercooling up and running. I figure a Swiftech 320 rad should be able to cool it quite sufficiently :)

yeah it seems to be a dog. my air cooler is partly to blame, but it does pretty frikkin good for being so small and beautiul lol.
it will boot and run stable at 3.6, but the temps are out of control, and i dont much like that.
right now i am running p95 @ 400 x 8 1.3V and my temps are 57/57/57/59
seems a little hot for that voltage, but meh. thats kinda why i want the 45nm. i dont like hot.
what dya think v dub? go with the 9450 or get me some water?
thanks puddle for the input...thats what im thinkin myself...just looking for someone to talk me out of it lol...

Honestly...keep the 6600 and go water. The 9450s CANT hit 4.0, while the 6600 can on good cooling. I wont be upgrading my chip until nehalem comes out.

I've made enemies that way, lol.
"you bought THAT?!! should of talked to me first..."

I asked him.. and he said I wanted the high clock speeds... I was so close to going to his house and slapping him

yeah it seems to be a dog. my air cooler is partly to blame, but it does pretty frikkin good for being so small and beautiul lol.
it will boot and run stable at 3.6, but the temps are out of control, and i dont much like that.
right now i am running p95 @ 400 x 8 1.3V and my temps are 57/57/57/59
seems a little hot for that voltage, but meh. thats kinda why i want the 45nm. i dont like hot.
what dya think v dub? go with the 9450 or get me some water?
thanks puddle for the input...thats what im thinkin myself...just looking for someone to talk me out of it lol...

even though this wasn't directed at me... I think you should RMA the Q6600 or get H20 Cooling or do both!

LOLL!!

If there was ever a you got owned time.. when you did that, it would have been that moment... :)

Did he even have a 680i/780i/790i Ultra board to utilize 3 8800gtx's?

he was going 790i, ddr3 obviously, and like he was gonna get something stupid for the cpu... and i was like...

FFS.... get a ****ing 24" monitor at least -_-

In the end I needed to explain to him by getting very angry that it was stupid....

pm me if anyone wants to know something PRETTTY funny as I don't wanna eat up this thread.

ehh, q6700 ftw if this is the case...

set it to 360fsb and whatever needed voltage may be and ur all set... no fsb worries... nothinnnn'.... i love my q6700.. oc'ing is much easier... and i have that much less on my shoulders to worry about (mobo restrictions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom