Im Gonna Break My 8800gts 512

Status
Not open for further replies.

kur0suto

Baseband Member
i installed this card an hour ago after waitin 2 weeks for finals to end, and guess waht...my 15" LCD that worked perfectly with my radeon X800PRO, doesnt work with this card. I had to connect it to my 32"HDTV thats like several yards away and i can barely see anything. When i went on my XP OS, the Nvidia control center thing detected my Sony LCD but nothing appears. LCD says "input signal" When i go on my vista OS, it doesnt even detect it.

can anyone provide suggestions? pleasE? before i rip this card out and beam it across the room.

can a monitor be "too old" to be used? it worked perfectly before. It's a DVI-D monitor but the cable im using is a DVI-VGA, and i used teh VGA adapter on my 8800gts, so whats with that?

am i doing something wrong? Im also running on vista ultimate 32-bit but when i went on nvidia's site to dl latest driver, it says im not runnin a Vista 32bit OS, whats with that.

I dont see why you would buy an 8800gts to game on a 15" lcd. Buy at least a 19". And if the card wont work on your hdtv either, then it may just be a bad card.

please guys, seriously, i need some help. im calling evga right now and apparently, everyones busy. everythign hooked up, but my 15" monitor wouldnt register.
It gets detected but thats about it. nothign comes on screen. pleaseee HELP

Go into your monitor menu, make sure you have your monitor setting to whichever you have hooked up.

If you hooked up the monitor with a DVI cable, make sure your monitors settings are for DVI input.

Same goes for VGA.

Give it a look.

Try using a vga to vga cable to see if that works, I know my monitor gets very picky when I use DVI. Also, check to see what kind of resolution it is set to on your HDTV, and set it to the lowest possible (800x600) then try the 15" again. I have noticed if on boot the settings for the resolution are too high, then something similar to your problem will arise.

ok seriusly, you buy a 8800gts 512mb gpu to use it with a 15' monitor, why not get a 256? you can't even come close to supporting that resulution either. Heres a little tip for next time, before you buy another component. Buy a better monitor.

agreed.. all of you started posting useless information... "Buy a new Monitor blah blah blah"

try to RMA the card, check your drivers (both monitor and video card)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom