Hey, I've recently finished a build for gaming;
AMD dc 4100 @4.7GHz
8gb DDR3 1333 ram
Hd 6870
Ocz agility 3 SSD
Coolermaster storm
Corsair H60
1TB storage
It works just fine & plays everything, however I already have a lust to build another.
I'm an 18 year old student & was going to get a job just to fund this expensive hobby

I was eyeing up some products & planning a system (its not finial yet, just some ideas)
I was thinking of;

The TJ11
1500watt PSU
The latest I7 out,
3x the latest Nvidia card (690?) In 3x sli (4 if it supports it)
A rog extreme mobo? G1 assassin? Not sure yet
Custom water cooling with a 120mm quad rad & a quad 140mm
8 SSDs in raid (not sure what raid level yet)
6 x 3TB storage drives in a raid
Blue ray drive (obv)
& I'm not sure what else, any hints tips or tricks?
Cheers guys :)

Oh **** yeah I forgot they were dual gpu xD
I know its pointless but so is human life so I might as well do something I enjoy :)

If you're a student with no job, then like PP said this list is a little pointless :p by the time you have the thousands necessary to blow on a rig like that, those parts will likely be outdated.

Water cooling setup would be expensive, and require either very careful planning and custom modding, or a good sized very large case built for such rads, like a mountain mods case from hell, around $400 just for that case. In the end, cooling and case would cost ya like, what? $900 USD? Then a grand on those hard drives...

Build as you want, but remember, building the "ultimate" computer is pointless, you would be better off buying a GOOD GPU when the time comes, and a GOOD SSD or TWO, no need for 8, you would most likely have performance issues with that many in RAID on a motherboard controller instead of an expensive add-on controller. Plus. most controllers still don't pass TRIM commands to drives that are in RAID.

Build a NAS, seriously, you can get a large enough server case to hold 48 3.5in HDD's, a GOOD motherboard with plenty of PCI-e x8 slots, a few SATA controllers, and build it up, there ya go, a huge storage server, and can be cheaply done compared to what your aim is, that is all that is technically missing between your two builds. Huge storage, and a good GPU.

Water cooling setup would be expensive, and require either very careful planning and custom modding, or a good sized very large case built for such rads, like a mountain mods case from hell, around $400 just for that case. In the end, cooling and case would cost ya like, what? $900 USD? Then a grand on those hard drives...

Build as you want, but remember, building the "ultimate" computer is pointless, you would be better off buying a GOOD GPU when the time comes, and a GOOD SSD or TWO, no need for 8, you would most likely have performance issues with that many in RAID on a motherboard controller instead of an expensive add-on controller. Plus. most controllers still don't pass TRIM commands to drives that are in RAID.

Build a NAS, seriously, you can get a large enough server case to hold 48 3.5in HDD's, a GOOD motherboard with plenty of PCI-e x8 slots, a few SATA controllers, and build it up, there ya go, a huge storage server, and can be cheaply done compared to what your aim is, that is all that is technically missing between your two builds. Huge storage, and a good GPU.
You can fit 2 quad rads in an Antec 1200. No need for something so large and ugly for the ultimate in water.

He wouldn't be able to fit that build into an Antec 1200 easily, two quad rads, 6 3.5in drives, a 5.25in drive, 8 SSD's, and dual GPUs, on top of the tubes, wiring, and most likely dual pumps if he goes with two individual loops. Something will be outside, and IMO, if the rad is outside the case, it's going to be a nightmare to get it looking nice.

He wouldn't be able to fit that build into an Antec 1200 easily, two quad rads, 6 3.5in drives, a 5.25in drive, 8 SSD's, and dual GPUs, on top of the tubes, wiring, and most likely dual pumps if he goes with two individual loops. Something will be outside, and IMO, if the rad is outside the case, it's going to be a nightmare to get it looking nice.
This is going after what we said to the rest of the rig. For all that money on SSD's might as well get a large RevoDrive. Can fit 6 3.5" drives in a NAS, dual and even tri GPUs can fit easily in there. You could even down the quads to dual 120.3s and still have enough cooling for CPU and all GPUs with room for an optical drive and a couple of drives on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom