im ****ed off

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltynay

Patron
ok heres the problem and for the life of me i cant figure out whats wrong!!!!

heres my specs:

mobo: p5b deluxe
cpu: e6600
Ram: corsair xms2 2x1gb
optical drives: 2x sony silver ide model no is Aw something lol
Hdd: 1x seagate barracuda 7200.10 320gb
2x seagate barracuda 7200.9 500gb
videocard 8800gts 640mb
case: thermal rock mystic
hsf: Zalman with 120mm fan and copper heat sink thing neva realised it was soo big lol

Built it this afternoon and everything seemed to be going fine except i dont think i plugged everything in correctly as although shows up on start up is its say s detected one of the sonys and the 320gb hardrive sata-non raid. I didnt have an ide capable so i used the one which came with the motherboard which had hdd on it dont see how it really matters it had a master slave and then mobo conector and i had to play around with hdd's to get them to fit in with the 8800gts. At first i got straight into a lil start up screen saying add boot media and press a key well no key seems to be accepted when media is put in both dvd drives i then played around inside for abit and I got one of the drives to pop up as being detected and both of them spin up as if reading something but they then just slow down and nothing happens. The 2x 500gb dont seem to be detected if you have this board i plugged the 320gb hdd into the sata port next to the usb outputs just to the side of the video card slot and the

After i fiddled around inside and got the 320gb working but then i get an error message straight after the detection screen saying chassis intruded. ive tried holding down the click thing which i assume to be the chassis intrusion detector but same message ive tried leaving the chassis top and same error message. I didnt touch that side of the board or any power connectors i did plug the chassis detector in at first but in didnt complain b4 just the comp wouldnt accept a key on screen.

please help me!!!

Matt

Wow, you need to sort out your writing because it's confusing the **** out of me. Alright let's just check you've got everything hooked up correctly.

Every hard drive needs its own SATA cable connected to the motherboard, and its own power cable connected to the power supply with a 4-pin molex connector. Firstly check that all drives are connected in two ways on both ends.

Secondly, you can't just take any three of those SATA ports on the motherboard, as it uses two differently RAID controllers. The red ones are the ones connected to the southbridge, the two black ones are for the built-in JMicron controller, do not use the black ones unless you have installed and set up RAID (someone else can tell you more about this, I've never done RAID).

If the problem persists try one drive at a time in the same SATA port, see if they're all recognised individually, find out which ports to use, and then hook them all up.

Now for your IDE drives, they both need their own power connector leading to the power supply, and you need one IDE cable that is connects your motherboard with your first optical drive and goes onto your second.

Before you hook your drives up, check the jumpers on them. They are displayed in this picture. You'll want to put the pin on Cable Select for both drives, if that does not work, put one on Master and the other on Slave.

Connect all of the drives, boot the pc, select your preferred DVD drive to be the primary booting device, put a Windows disc in and install the mother****er. If you're still having problems, let me know.

1. yes

2. im using two red and one black (the only hardrive which appears on start up.

3. ill try

4. done

5. theyre on cable select ill change them

6. What about the error of chassis being intruded as now i dont even get past the boot screen???

7. do i need to install the drivers that came with the mobo first? or windows

I used two different type of sata cables i used two which had a bent end as it was more convenient and one which was straight on both plugs.

thanks for your help,
Matt

The shape of your SATA cables doesn't matter, if it's a fit, it's a fit. I honestly don't know about the chassis intrusion thing as I never use that myself so you'll have to wait for someone else to fill in that blank.

Install Windows first and then install your drivers.

Keep me updated on your results.

Unhook everything boot to bios with only CPU +fan and memory installed . Disable the intrusion thingy . Disable any other Things you wont use . .Run memory test for a few hours . Then add your hard drive it should auto detect providing you have it on the right connections. When its recogniezed properly you get a prompt no OS installed .Shut down Then install 1 Optical drive configure your boot order and then install your OS.After your fully installed install updated chipset drivers / Video Drivers / Sound Drivers if needed so on and so fourth .

ok thanx i haven't got much experience with the bios though as i have only got a laptop atm and most of the functions are locked :( and in the build i built b4 and sold i never had any problems everything just seemed to work :(.

Matt

i go to a boarding school and the pc is at home atm so need to wake till the weekend lol you have no idea how frustrated I've been i just want too fix it and play with it and i cant for 6 days!!!!! my cable management is currently appalling though htpc cases look cool but aren't very practical especially with the gts it makes a nearly solid wall across a 1/3 of my case lol luckily there is a fan on the side which is blocked so it doesnt get too hot. the case is a thermal rock mystic i bought it b4 i knew about proper cooling so its got shitty fans but some vents on the top :D.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom