I'm in a Crysis...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrillian

In Runtime
Hey folks,

Just wanted some opinions: I am really looking forward to Crysis and I would like to know what the tech-saavy guru's out there would do. I like to play games at no less than 90-95% of Maximum settings.

Bearing in mind the three major factors (as I perceive them) on the horizon, what would you do?

Windows Vista
DX10
AMD quad-core

.. and the new reigning champs, Intel's Core-Duo lineup .

I am partial to AMD, but I have used Intel and am not opposed to returning to their CPU's.

I am starting to save for my next major overhaul (early next year) and would like to start thinking about direction.

Thanks for your input.

well vista is not out yet. there is no DX10 cards and no realse date for crysis. so just wait and relax.

it's recommended to have a 7900 GT / X1900 XT for good settings.

apparently, Nvidia are releasing their new card at the end of this year (8000 series) and ATI will follow sometime afterwards.

a Core 2 Duo will be great for it though.

and it's probabbly best to have 2GB RAM

efd753 said:
well vista is not out yet. there is no DX10 cards and no realse date for crysis. so just wait and relax.

Thank you.... I should enjoy the "here and now".

okay... ooohhhhmmmm... I'm relaxing :D

I'd say you'd do well with Either the G80 or R600, 2GB DDR2 and an Intel core 2 Duo proc

i hope crysis comes out later this year/Q1 next year, that game looks awsome.

but someone from the dev team was playing it at E3, so they were probably not using anything mroe than a 7900GTX or a X1900XTX(was that out when E3 was on?) 2gb of ram, and a realy high end amd or intel chip.

You'll pretty much have to wait till the games almost out or is out before you can know what you'll need for sure.

probably using a physics card as well.. there's just too much crap in there going on to not use a physics card.. moving clouds, moving surroundings.. everything moves and destroys.. maybe this is what we were waiting for with the physics card

X1900XTX is the one card out right now that is guaranteed to max out Crysis, but it doesn't do it well and only gets about 30 fps. Wait for the G80/R600 and you will have one probe.

beedubaya said:
X1900XTX is the one card out right now that is guaranteed to max out Crysis, but it doesn't do it well and only gets about 30 fps. Wait for the G80/R600 and you will have one probe.

It's still too early to know what will or will not "max out" crysis. they still havn't gone through the optimization stage of the game so maybe even a 7800 gtx can max out the game at a steady frame rate(in directx 9 of course). Also the x1900xtx, as beedubaya said, was used at e3 so at least we know it can run it maxed out and maybe even get a better average than 30 fps after the game is optimized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom