If you're going to OC....64 bit Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

immy3

Baseband Member
I'm getting a q6600 processor with my new computer and was hoping to be able to get a little more out of it with stock voltages. However, I've read that a lot of temperature monitoring and other hardware utilities will not work with 64 bit Vista? Is this true? If so, should I get 32 bit vista or are there other 64 bit utilities out there? Also, does vista 64-bit have a lot of compatibility issues at all in general?

Thanks a lot. :)

I've not heard anything like that, most people here still use CoreTemp and other programs using Vista

I have used HWMonitor, CoreTemp, and RealTemp or something like that. All were used on a 64-bit Vista Home Premium system and all were accurate readings.

I've used quite a bit of overclocking utilities on my vista 64 and it works fine.

I run vista home premium 64 with a q6600, 4gb of memory, and overclock just fine. Just make sure to use the latest version of whatever program it is.

You will run into issues when you use RivaTuner and some other programs that require Driver Signing. It is not necessary that you should have to use a program with driver signing.

EVGA Precision Tool
Gainward ExperTool

Both work just fine for overclocking your card.
After SP1 for Vista x64 (believe it is just x64) it requires that all programs you use be digitally signed. The only work around is to F8 on boot and Disable Driver Signing. Once again, this is not necessary as you can always find an alternative fix then doing something that might make something buggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom