If money was no object...

I'd probably go buy a block of land and build a datacenter on it ahaha. Then rent out the servers, and make the $$ back, then upgrade the hardware and do it all over again :p

To me it sounds cooler that I'd be using a natural flowing river as a cooling source.

I'd build mine on "Googles floating data centre" and hook up to there cooling system and sail the world while playing Dota...

Or id just submerge it in baby oil ! :)

Mineral Oil'

All not really practical solutions lol. Ok, so you built yourself a data center. Well, LoL, Dota, even BF4 is so big. What about the rest of the Petabytes of data storage you're NOT using? Ok so you built a super computer. Is it CPU processing, or is it a super computer like Nvidia GRID that is GPU parallel processing? Can't really use either for gaming.

To be quite honest I don't know what I'd buy. I would deffo have a High end System or two sitting in my living room. I would deffo want to speak to someone about it in person unlike ordering a Dream PC Online from the likes of Scan.co.uk . I would deliberately have a System for Folding and a System for SETI.

What would you buy if that was the case. Looking at some of the Posts to the thread. The tech would be out dated in 6 Months anyhow.

I know one thing, at the minute my heads Boxed and I mean Boxed. I have this argument every month with my self about System upgrades when I get Paid and I hate waiting for parcels in the Post. Its so cheap ordering online but my local suppler is so expensive its unbelievable which is why I all ways go for cheaper second hand systems.

I could have one of the best systems if I just saved up for even 6 Months being paid Monthly but I all ways go for utter god damn crap and wait money I can't be arsed spending online and waiting for parcels. The likes of 5 too 10 working days ECT; with Royal Mail free delivery.

The last major thing I bought was a UPS System what has turned out really handy since I've tripped the Mains over half a dozen times since buying it.

If I was to go for upgrades next pay day I have no idea what I would buy. A New GPU mabie. Cosmetics being Chassis, PSU is something I need. or another UPS Battery Back up System. I'm tempted to go for a second hand system just for the hgell of it from Amazon or Play.com. It will be an absolute Scrapper but its something to tinker about with.

Also can anyone answer why XP Machines are going so Cheap in the best selling Department of the likes of Amazon and Play it self. I know Its because you can get a Full system with a Monitor ECT; for £100 but XP has been retired. Just curious.

if you're buying XP systems for £100 you're getting ripped off :tongue:

They make good lower end servers, ie file hosts. Slap a *nix distro on the thing and you've got a relatively cheap file server, electricity cost aside :tongue:

They make good lower end servers, ie file hosts. Slap a *nix distro on the thing and you've got a relatively cheap file server, electricity cost aside :tongue:

Thats pretty much what I thought TBH. I was put off by it tho as I couldn't decide weather to go to Amazon in the first place. I love buying new kit all the time and contently looking for something to add to my System Set Up. The machines I have are all lower end part from one I do Folding on.

I have an Argument rite iFargle every month with my self and it kills me about up grading my systems ECT, I hate it in some respects but others I don't mind as when I do I upgrade and buy new or second hand \ used I love the feeling of having something I will get use of of and cherish until the things ready for the Scrap Heap. I could easy buy half a Dozen second hand \ used systems but then its another month waiting for more upgrades and it ****** ME OFF. I'm thinking beofr April what I want to do.

Back
Top Bottom