if i am to build now should i use my old vid card untill...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesta

Baseband Member
I am planning on starting my build on my jan 31st payday.

But with the new gen video cards coming, should i just get everything but a video card now. and get that after the new stuff comes and prices drop?

I have a old 4600ti that i can deal with for another month or so.
im just afraid its about to crap out, its been oc'ed for atleast 2 years, probally longer. It over heats occasionally now. maybe i need to turn it back down.

Also, are other things soon to be? Ive heard cpu's are also coming soon. but it seems like they are always coming soon.

Cutting edge today will be outdated tomorrow. That's just the way tech works, unfortunately.

The new AMD sockets aren't due for a few months, so I wouldn't sweat it. Either build now, or keep saving for the new stuff.

New video tech is constantly coming, but the newer it is, the higher the price tag. Buy what you can afford and can stand to use :D

I would wait it out till you can do the whole deal. That 4600 is probably an AGP card. You'd have to buy yourself an AGP motherboard to make it work, and you'd already be behind. That's phased out technology. I'd suggest sitting on the money for a little while longer. We're about to catch a new generation of everything.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom