Idiot Check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q6600 is $20 more and a lot better than the phenom.

At best, two 3850s will cost around $350 and perform around as good as a GTX if crossfire works well (if it doesn't, you could get significantly less performance). You could instead get the 8800 GTS 512 mb for the same near a GTX performance for around the same price (I assume) without the downsides of crossfire, or just get an 8800 GT, nearly as good as a GTX, and save the rest of the money, perhaps to spend on that $20 more Q6600.

not quite there.... a hd3850 performs around with the old 8800gts.. and two of those perform with an 8800ultra.... (or so according to b1gapl) but since Crossfire does scale better... it might be higher....

somebody correct me if I'm wrong..

Dude, I'm waiting out till February myself, hoping for no delays and maybe even early releases.

February will consist of Intel's release of the upper-mid-range Yorkfield quads (Q9450)

yorkfield could be delayed into march. from what i have been reading, it will likely be at least the end of february. i dont see an early release happening. they are having trouble stabilizing the FSB on the quads. of course...this could be a marketing ploy so they can eliminate their stock of current quads.

yorkfield could be delayed into march. from what i have been reading, it will likely be at least the end of february. i dont see an early release happening. they are having trouble stabilizing the FSB on the quads. of course...this could be a marketing ploy so they can eliminate their stock of current quads.

Ah man, I hope that won't be the case. Maybe I should invest in something now, sell the CPU and GPU later on, when Yorkfields and 9-Series do come out. Early February is really as long as I can wait, March is just too much. Great nagasama, now I'm going to be investing in soon-to-be semi-obsolete hardware! :p Thanks. hahaha

hmmm yeah, I'm just not comfortable in investing in any GPU right now, but that's what I like to call the "Crysis Effect" because nothing can really run it properly until an SLI patch comes, but there's no way I'm investing in SLI... My only concern is well, when I want to resell my old stuff, I just want a good return. I think the 'mainstream' market will still pay good money for a 'quad-core' because that's relatively new to them. I'm just worried about buying a graphics card because those tend to devalue quite quickly and people will think that an 9600GT will be superior to an 8800GT, for example. (Hopefully the mid-range 9 Series does a better job than the 8 Series...)

So Merkwürdigliebe we're running pretty much the same system?

actually what you have now, is what this sytem was originally like, P4 1.6ghz 512MB ddr 266, nVidia Riva TNT2, Via Apollo P4x-266

So Merkwürdigliebe we're running pretty much the same system?

actually what you have now, is what this sytem was originally like, P4 1.6ghz 512MB ddr 266, nVidia Riva TNT2, Via Apollo P4x-266

haha, well, I'm running on SDRAM though... lol, I can barely get 30 fps on Max Payne on bottomed out settings at 640x480 :p and my TNT2's spurting out red artifacts all over the place

but I think now I might build a system sooner than I had anticipated

yo we totally hijacked this thread, heh heh heh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom