Ideas on a 24" LCD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Costco - HannsG 28" Wide True 1080P with HDMI 3ms 800:1 500 cd/m2

I saw this link and then i saw you guys say that 24" is better then 28"... i always though for monitors bigger was better, espically with LCD. 500 would be affordable for me... but i wouldnt mind saving some money... heck! it could go towards a better mobo... or some new clothes :p

I hear alot about glossy screens... how can I avoid them? cause i definatly don't want them, even though i game at night, i still rather have a nice lcd that wont be effected by light coming through my window.

p.s. how much do you think 21" crt's sell for nowadays? lol... my teacher is selling one for 10 bucks and i dont need it... but its only 10 bucks :/ lol, i could use it as a tv or something haha

Costco - HannsG 28" Wide True 1080P with HDMI 3ms 800:1 500 cd/m2

I saw this link and then i saw you guys say that 24" is better then 28"... i always though for monitors bigger was better, espically with LCD. 500 would be affordable for me... but i wouldnt mind saving some money... heck! it could go towards a better mobo... or some new clothes :p

I hear alot about glossy screens... how can I avoid them? cause i definatly don't want them, even though i game at night, i still rather have a nice lcd that wont be effected by light coming through my window.

p.s. how much do you think 21" crt's sell for nowadays? lol... my teacher is selling one for 10 bucks and i dont need it... but its only 10 bucks :/ lol, i could use it as a tv or something haha

well its all about preference, some like big. however i prefer quality and a 24" LG i think wins in that catagory. plus i personally think my 24" is way to big to begin, i don't need to go 4" bigger for the same resolution...

my friend games on a 21" viewsonic CRT at 2048x1568 (or something like that) and says he won't get rid of it till it dies and is forced to go LCD. CRT's offer smaller pixel pitch, superior colors as well as contrast.

If you want i can get you my teachers for 10 - 20 bucks.. not counting other expenses such as the 8 tons of shipping expenses :)

But ya... 21" CRT's get 1600 by 1200... im looking for an upgrade to an lcd mostly because i want newer stuff, more space for my keyboard, and i have a feeling this CRT is giving my eyes sunburn

If you want i can get you my teachers for 10 - 20 bucks.. not counting other expenses such as the 8 tons of shipping expenses :)

But ya... 21" CRT's get 1600 by 1200... im looking for an upgrade to an lcd mostly because i want newer stuff, more space for my keyboard, and i have a feeling this CRT is giving my eyes sunburn

not all 21" Crt's are 1600x1200. you might want to make sure before you pass that deal up...

Amazon.com: Viewsonic G220FB 21" CRT Monitor: Computers & PC Hardware

im not sure if that's the exact model number, but its close. same specs it looks like.

but i know what you mean, the space a LCD provides is definitely nice.

Thanks for all the info.

No one replied to one of my questions. Since I've never used a wide screen model LCD, when I do have one, and play retro games that do not have wide screen supports, what happens? It doesn't stretch it all out does it? That's what kept me from buying wide screen when I picked up my Samsung LCD, I just didn't know.

There is an option for widescreen monitors connected via dvi cable to select "fixed aspect ratio." What it does is if you have a 4:3 resolution game it will keep it 4:3 ratio on your monitor and draw black bars on the side so the image isnt stretched.
You do this in either nvidia control panel or ati's catalyst control panel, look for "flat panel properties" or "digital panel properties."

I had a 21" Dell Trinitron CRT that I gamed on....i just replaced it with a Samsung 22" LCD Widescreen.

I just listed the trinitron on e-bay today.

It was big and heavy, and it was also one great gaming monitor.

The great thing is you can change resolutions and not suffer any setback in picture quality.

So...I say 21" CRT's are awsome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom