Idea for a Build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor

BIOSTAR TForce TP45HP LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard

GIGABYTE GV-R467D3-512I Radeon HD 4670 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card

CORSAIR CMPSU-450VX 450W ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

Rosewill R804BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 350W with 20+4Pin&1 SATA Connectors Power Supply

RAM?

HDD?

DVD Drive?

Is this case compatible with this motherboard? IDK how to tell

Newegg.com - Rosewill R804BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 350W with 20+4Pin&1 SATA Connectors Power Supply - Computer Cases

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TForce TP45HP LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Should I go quad-core instead?

For an HDD, it really depends on what kind of stuff you're saving. Seagate is my brand of choice, and they have some good drives for good prices. Here's a comparison with drives ranging from 500gb to 1.5tb:

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

For the record, the 1.5tb is the best cost per gb, just over 8 cents. The others are between 11 and 13 cents per gig. Personal preference on your part.

As for RAM, DDR2 1066 is pretty much what that board supports, and it's relatively inexpensive. You should go for either 2gb or 4gb. The best deal I can find for 2x 1gb sticks is 13 bucks after a 25 dollar mail in rebate. And it's high performance stuff too. I found two good 4gb sets too, one is cheaper than the other, but it has higher cas latency, so the Kingston will be a bit faster. Here's the comparisons:

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

I personally like the HyperX in the 4gb sets, by the way. Low CAS, plus Kingston makes good stuff. But it's up to you and your budget, as the other 4gb set has a mail in rebate.

As for a DVD drive, they're hella cheap. Here's a good one with LightScribe support: Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Black 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 22X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 22X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe - CD / DVD Burners

As for dual-core and quad-core, it's true that eventually, quad-core will be the standard, and dual-core will be obsolete. If you want to move to a quad for not a lot more money, check out the Q6600. It's pretty decent and only about 20 bucks more: Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

That mobo should fit just fine into the case, to answer that question.

Wow guys, I love this community and hope to help in the near future (when I know more) Will post soon.

Would this all work together? and would that mobo fit in the case, etc...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom