Idea for a Build!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckman44

In Runtime
I finally joined the community! After looking over hundreds of post and threads I finally made an account. First thing, I am convinced that building a computer it the best thing to do and you get a bigger bang for your buck. Is that correct?

Also, I want to know what the best build for the requirements I list below. (If its okay)

I want very good performance.
My son plays his game which is relatively basic (Runescape.com).
I want a cheap graphics card ( or none) that I may upgrade in the future.
Thats pretty much it.
If you need any more details just ask :)

My budget is 800 USD

Thankyou

Well, that budget is way too high for your needs.

Refer to my post of a build I am making in the neat future...
http://www.techist.com/forums/f75/new-rig-rents-would-like-your-thoughts-194424/

You could add a few bucks here and there, upgrade the RAM, get a faster processor, bigger harddrive. You could probably degrade the graphics card to something alone the lines of a 4550 as well. You shouldn't need to have to go above $500 for this build to get great performance for your uses.

EDIT: and yes, building your own is definitely the best bang for the buck.

Yes and welcome to the greener side of the fence

E8400 - possibly a Q9300/Q9450 but you don't strike me as a massive multitasker or using the comp for business realated enterprise just your average joe computer user.
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
Secondhand 8600gt should be fine you won't be stressing it and if you post your prospective deal on here first we can give it the quick once over to check the guy isn't BSing
Antec basiq 400W psu
Case - anything you like I love Lian li's offerings just post up around 3-5 that you like the style of and we will try and match the style and maximise your dollar and cooling.
Ram - Are you using vista or xp?

You should only need to spend 500 of that budget me thunks

From my own experience building a computer was rewarding. To see that I could do it on my own with out any ones help was great. Also I was able to use an Old CD-ROM so that I did not have to buy that as well to keep the cost down. :)

I do run an online business, and I find myself a bigger user then an average Joe. Multi-tasking would be very nice, if I can stay in my budget. Im wanting blazing fast speed if possible... I use Vista.....Any updates builds?

For your online business--unless it's graphics design or something--you will be just fine with a lower end C2D. Where you would want to enhance speed there is in your Internet connection. Saltynay's suggestions would work great for your needs. For a comparable "pre-built" solution you would be close to 7 or $800.

PS - Welcome to T F!

This would keep my computer fast? Like REALLY fast? I do not need a video card unless I play those major games correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom