I'd love to start folding..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtumble2

In Runtime
My 260 gets here tomorrow. woot

Yeah but I need help with my ram. Ive got 32 bit media center xp (professional) with 4gb ( ~3.4 with 32 bit). 2 gigs came with it and i bought 2 gigs of ballistix. Its 1x4gbs.

My latencies and timings and frequencies and stuff are all screwed up. The stock ram says its running at like 233mhz, I know wtf? and the ballistix seems to be running at 533. I havent done any tweaking whatsoever because of a locked bios., and the ballistix was basically plug and play.

What should I do to fix this? I havent run memtest, so maybe thats something I should do. And maybe I should replace the two stock pieces with more ballistix to keep it all the same? But I dont wanna pay for it lol..

So what should I do.. I dont want to go software tweaking cuz its unstable and whatnot, but what options do I have? Im new to ram o/c and i just know how to throw it in the mobo and hope it works lawl.

thanks for suggestions

Dang.. Will this affect my folding though? In cod4 it seriously loads (on a good day) a map in 3 seconds. Ive timed it.. 3 seconds from the start of the changed screen to the choose team thing. is that unrelated or no

So thats good, but every now and then it lags

eh not so much, its much more complex than just your ram. post your system specs and i can pick out hte problem areas

Asus A8-m2nle mobo (M-atx, 2 year old model, HP specific, I cant find on asus's website)
Sata 7200 rpm HD, not sure if its 3.0gb/sec
4gb ddr2 ram, 233mhz? and 533 mhz
Evga 260 gtx
Corsair 650tx
Amd 4200+ 64 Live! x2 2.2ghz
--Cd drive is ide
32 bit XP Pro Media Center

Anything else I missed?

I'd seriously love to start folding. Itd be awesome.

Thanks

as for the ram issue, since ur generic ram is rated at 233mhz your ballistix would have clocked down to that speed also. could be the reason for ur lag. its probably actually set to 266 but because of the ratio or wateva it gets clocked down slightly. i guess u could buy a new mobo? or search for the asus version of the mobo thats not hp branded, usually there is one that will have a flashable bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom