i7 system with $750-800?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i edited my previous post, just FYI, go back and read what i added if you like.

id take a better graphics card/ processor/ ram over a bigger monitor... a monitor doesnt process information, and with a budget build like this its best to put as much money as possible towards items the process information... IE processor, graphics cards and ram. and inthis particular instance, i went with putting the shaved money off other components towards the graphics card.

personally... i think tri-cores are silly...

i edited my previous post, just FYI, go back and read what i added if you like.

id take a better graphics card/ processor/ ram over a bigger monitor... a monitor doesnt process information, and with a budget build like this its best to put as much money as possible towards items the process information... IE processor, graphics cards and ram. and inthis particular instance, i went with putting the shaved money off other components towards the graphics card.

personally... i think tri-cores are silly...

I edited mine too after I saw your edit!! Yes I agree with everything EXCEPT the tricore. The item I posted in edit like I said is a locked 4th core 965. Lots of success unlocking that last core and for 88.00 its nothing to shake a stick at. Its out of stock sadly on the egg

This will be able to play all but the most demanding games at high settings. It will be able to play games like Crysis at medium graphics and resolution respectably. and in a year or 2, throw another 460 graphics card in there and you will have a beastly little rig.

Motherboard: $90
MSI 790XT-G45
Newegg.com - MSI 790XT-G45 AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard

Memory: $89
G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ

Graphics card: $180
MSI N460GTX Cyclone
Newegg.com - MSI N460GTX Cyclone 768D5/OC GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 768MB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

you can't have an sli setup on a board with an amd chipset, and you can't use ddr3 on an am2+/am3 board, it has to be am3 only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom