i7 prices question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gothch1ck

Daemon Poster
I can't find any really reliable sources to go with on this, so I thought I'd ask the folks here on the tech forums.

The Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz, is it's price pretty much set right now? Been some odd rumors about a "huge price drop" coming soon, and I just wanna see what you all think, since you guys have been pretty Dead-on for things like this in the past.

Reason I ask is CPU/RAM combo deal is nice, saves some extra money, and good parts, but if a price drop IS to occur (due to new techs coming, or whatever) then I could possibly hold out before buying. Gotta save cash wherever possible.

There might be a 'huge price drop' for when the six-cores are about to arrive, but other than that I have to say that if you wait for price drops you'll be waiting forever.

So these babies are pretty much marble (rock solid) until some new Gen multi core comes out eh? (Tetra Core, Hyper Dimensional Gateway, TeraHertz Processing speeds, etc)

The only way to ensure a price drop is to buy the chip. The day after you do is when the price will drop.

Gulftown chips will come out in 2010 so there should not be any huge price drops for a while.

The only way to ensure a price drop is to buy the chip. The day after you do is when the price will drop.

Gulftown chips will come out in 2010 so there should not be any huge price drops for a while.

Quoted for truth. I think this has happened to me on almost every big build I've ever made.

The strange thing is, Q6600 prices went up after I got my build. By about 20-30%. In the UK, anyway.

Microcenter used to have them for like $240 or something like that. But thats only at their brick and mortor stores.

If you got it in the last nine months it is because the dollar is getting stronger. It has gone up almost 30% against the Swedish Crown in the last 9 months.

If you got it before that then I cannot explain that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom