i7 heatsink - options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

delirium330

In Runtime
i looked on newegg and saw 1 heatsink for LGA1366 i7 CPUs... will the stock cooler work fine that comes with the processor? i don't plan on overclocking.

is their an intel adapter as well? meaning, is that the only conversion kit for AMD cpu type heatsinks. or is their one for LGA775 to 1366?

is their an intel adapter as well? meaning, is that the only conversion kit for AMD cpu type heatsinks. or is their one for LGA775 to 1366?

That kit does LGA 775 to LGA 1366 for that heatsink that I showed you. If you are not overclocking you probably won't need anything more then the stock heatsink though.

The stock heatsink is decent, as long as your case is good on vents, I have an old case with an i7 in, and 6gb ram and such, idles at about 41C now,but it has no intake and no exhaust capabilities, so literally its a hot box.

With proper air flow it should be fine- not overclocking.

Also- don't remove the thermal paste on the stock cooler- it works very well despite being "stock grease" on par with Antec 5, so there's literally no reason to remove/scrape it off to replace it with something of near similar performance.

With my new case I expect to drop degrees C a whole lot, some stated the max load being 72 right now, dropping to 56 with a good vent case.

And honestly due to the size of the heatsinks out there for these babies... If I do OC, I would just go liquid cool anyway, take up much less space and much easier to work with in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom