Looking to build a PC.
It will mostly be for gaming.
My budget is preferably under 1500 to stay reasonable.
I am located in Ohio.
I am willing to buy online.
Will be using no parts from previous build.
I don't need any peripherals but i'm shopping for a monitor that would not be part of the pc's budget.
I haven't bought any parts yet.
I could use some help tweaking my choices so far on these components.
1. Tower. Something very spacious and open with room for plenty of cooling and upgrades. Must be able to handle the monster sized video cards.
2. Power Supply. Enough power to get me through another video card upgrade(hopefully).
3. Motherboard/Processor. Quad or I7 preferably. (any thoughts on after market heat sinks/fan?)
4. Memory. A decent amount that is compatible with the MB etc.
5. Video card. ATI or Nvidia that can handle graphic intensive games. Hopefully under $300.
6. Monitor. A wide screen LCD with lots of bang for the buck.
My build so far with these guidelines.
Tower Newegg.com - Antec Twelve Hundred Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
PSU Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies
MB Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD4P LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
RAM Newegg.com - CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
GPU Newegg.com - XFX HD-489A-ZDEC Radeon HD 4890 Xtreme 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
CPU Newegg.com - Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
Monitor Haven't even begun to look.
What i could really use help with would be suggestions on side grades, and small to moderate upgrades to what i have picked that would be really worthwhile. Also the operating system, is vista a must? Or can i squeak by with xp till windows7.
Thanks in advance to any and all help. I hopefully can get everything and have it all work and be compatible and be 100% satisfied with some advice.