I7 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dauntae

Fully Optimized
I just looked through a couple of pages and didn't get a good feel for what I found for builds, I've not built a I7 yet so this would be the first. Needing to keep this $1000 or less what would be a good combo. This is what I have thus far, OH this is for a friend, My sustem is still holding it's own so no need for me to upgrade.
case Newegg.com - Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
GPU Newegg.com - EVGA 896-P3-1170-AR GeForce GTX 275 896MB 448-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
PS Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies
CPU Newegg.com - Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
Ram Newegg.com - G.SKILL 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL7T-3GBPK - Desktop Memory
HD Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives
OH he also wants to SLI some time in the days ahead, I found this MB but not sure if this is a decent one (partial to Asus personally) Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD3R LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
A little over budget so if you can find a few things to shave off a for $$ that would be great. OH only thing is hey def. wants Nvidia. Will try to talk him down to a 260 but he really wants the 275.

Thanks
Dauntae

I would normally recommend the P6T since you wouldnt mind something from Asus, but i own it and its not great for SLI since the PCIE slots are too close together for any decent airflow into the cards.

Everything seems good.

Youre already as low as you can go on an i7 build unless you go to the 260.

Your board only has 4 ram slots so it will limit future ram upgrades. apart from that looks great for a "budget" i7 build.

The 260 is a great gpu for the price and you can get a second later to = gtx295 performance.

Didn't notice the mem slots so I'll look for another mb, I think I may be able to talk him into the 260 , I know it's a great GPU and have recomended it for builds. Anyone know of the lesser price triple channel mb that might work, gotta wait till I'm out of work to search, I'm replying on my iPhone so searching is a little tougher.

Dauntae

Yeah, the P6T pretty good, handles a lot of what I've thrown at it. Got it running my i7 @ 4.2Ghz now, no problems at all. So yeah, I suppose it's pretty decent.

Had a good talk with him and he's going with the P6T and a GTX 275 what I didn't know was he upgraded his PS a few months ago in preperation for a new system, he ended up getting a antec 650w wich isn't the best but should handle the system with 1 GPU without a problem so the $$ saved on the PS went to upgrade the MB and GPU he was looking at alienware and I told him I would smack him lol now he's happy with what he is getting for so much less. What would be a good choice for memory for the P6T going to go with 6 gigs and win 7 when it comes out but will deal with either the RC or XP until then.

Dauntae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom