i7 920 D0 vs Phenom 2 965 BE

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGlazer

In Runtime
The 965 is 3.4ghz, and the i7 is 2.66ghz stock.

I'm looking to build a new rig soon, using a quad processor......... The E6400 I have has been great; but it's about time I get something different, so........ My question is simple. Majority people will say to get the i7 over the 965; however, the 965 is 3.4 stock and also has high overclocking ability. So what makes the i7 so much better than the 965?

The i7 is faster like Hefe said, and you can also OC it really well. 4GHz+ is relatively easy with an i7 920.

Well the i7 has more L3 cache, which is very important in how fast the processor runs, and if you run both at the same frequency, I'd say the i7 920 would definitely win there.

As mentioned, i7s are dead easy to OC, chuck in $80 for a third party cooler and you're golden. The i7 920 is also cheaper than the Phenom II 965, so in all aspects I'd stick with the 920 out of those two.

The i7 920 is not cheaper than the 965........... I live in Canada, and the i7 920 is definately more expensive.

I just finished reading the article you posted a link to Hefemeister, thank you for the link.......... the i7 920, at stock speeds; seems to have a slight edge over an OC'd 965 @ 3.8ghz.......... wow.......... nuff said, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom