i7 3k budget first pc build

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's not too late I think the Intel X25-M (80 GB) is a much better SSD than the Patriot 32 GB. The Patriot's use the jmicron controller that has been frustrating people by constantly stuttering.

Intel has been dropping the X25 prices a lot lately and there is a combo deal at newegg for that and the i7 920 - $598.99 total. I know it is about $100 more than the Patriots but it is so much better. The OCZ Apex 120 GB SSD is really good also. I'd say either get the Intel or the Apex, or just forget about the SSD altogether.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

^^ As far as I know anadtech hasn't even reviewed the Biostar so they couldn't compare it to the DFI. There have been some extremely impressive overclocking results on stremesystems using the Biostar which I think justify calling it one of the best.

If it's not too late I think the Intel X25-M (80 GB) is a much better SSD than the Patriot 32 GB. The Patriot's use the jmicron controller that has been frustrating people by constantly stuttering.

Intel has been dropping the X25 prices a lot lately and there is a combo deal at newegg for that and the i7 920 - $598.99 total. I know it is about $100 more than the Patriots but it is so much better. The OCZ Apex 120 GB SSD is really good also. I'd say either get the Intel or the Apex, or just forget about the SSD altogether.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

No doubt Intel makes some of the best SSDs but that is a steep price. I don't know if it is worth the extra $100.

SSD read speed is much better than conventional drives, but the write speed isn't. So Raiding really evens things out giving both great read and write speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom