i7 3k budget first pc build

Status
Not open for further replies.
You shouldn't really need any extra info although we are happy to oblige make all the changes I have stated and you pc should be greatly improved. Deciding between a gaming mobo that I suggested and the overclocking champ which is the biostar is upto your priorities but imo with watercooling your not going to be getting extreme clocks anyway so might as well go with gigabyte which supports more pci-express slots so you can put more gpu horsepower in it

Your wasting a bomb of money make these modifications;

Don't get the velociraptor its not faster then the WD caviar 640 black in real world performance get raid0 32gb SSD's would be much faster. Use a storage drive like the caviar black for your main data including your my documents, software and the 1tb for other storage or a 1.5tb seagate 1.5tb as it has the best price/space. Use the ssd space for your OS and favourite 1 or 2 games be very quick. If your up for this hit me up will look up some good drives.

what raid 0 32gb ssd would you recommend

Get this psu instead Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

i was not 100% on the psu i had picked out

Watercooling kit pah there rubbish wait for aspire to see this thread he will set you up with a very nice watercooling setup I have read up a bit but his judgement is a lot better then mine

Get gtx 285 in sli they will be faster then a single gtx 295

i was thinking cant i sli the 295 ?

This motherboard is better for gaming (2xpci-ex x16, 1xpci express x8 + 1xpci expressx4)
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD4P LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
P6T is only worth it if your using those dedicated raid controllers which your not planning to by the looks of it

Better for less
Newegg.com - mushkin 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

As a real gamer you should get a decent audiocard like the asus xonar d2x or the auzentech prelude 7.1

switching everything around in my build atm

I think you slightly misunderstood me and its my fault as I didn't make it clear. Get the 2 of the above mentioned patriot SSD's and use raid0 to combine them. Then get a 1.5tb seagate for your storage I would partition it into 2 sections one 500gb and one 1tb. Move your default windows files like software install paths, paging file and user account paths to the 500gb partition, use the 1tb for general storage.

You will need to use a 2.5" to 3.5" bay adapter the one on newegg seems expensive for basically a bit of punched steel so I would go to a local store and have a look most stores should have them. The adapter is needed to mount the SSD drives in a standard desktop hdd mount which is 3.5".

Tri-sli gtx 285's will outperform quad sli gtx295's because the core speeds are faster on the gtx285's and the price difference is negligible. If your going to go down the tri or quad sli route then you will need a slightly more powerful psu so that you can power everything including your watercooling loop. Newegg.com - SILVERSTONE ST1000 1000W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Make sure you plug the floppy connector into the asus xonar its repeated 30 odd times and comes up with a warning message if you haven't. The Xonar also uses led's to colour code the ports purple one is black which is sub and centre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom