i7-3770K vs i5 3570K

official_valtor

Solid State Member
Hi, choosing which cpu im going to use for my computer. I would like to know which one i should get. The computer is going to be for gaming but i may also use it for game design and some autodesk inventor. I know both can be over clocked. Should i go with the better performance of the i7 or the similar performance and low price of the i5?

No.

Haswell is the sucessor to ivy bridge, ivy bridge being intel's 3rd generation of their " i " series of processors, haswell being their 4th generation of their " i " series.

the 4670K replaced the 3570K and performs about 5%-10% better.

Is it in between the 3770k and the3570k?

isnt Ivy bridge better than haswell?

If you're buying into this new, get the 4670k instead.

No.

Haswell is the sucessor to ivy bridge, ivy bridge being intel's 3rd generation of their " i " series of processors, haswell being their 4th generation of their " i " series.

the 4670K replaced the 3570K and performs about 5%-10% better.

oh ok thanks you

Another thing to mention here is that gaming gets little to no performance boost when utilizing HT from an i7. So the better option would be the 4670k anyways, because at least you have an upgrade path there. Plus if I read the roadmap correctly, socket 1150 should have a refresh like 1155 did from SB to IB. Leaving even more room for improvement later.

Another thing to mention, is if you have a strong GPU, depending on what specific programs you are using it can help quite a bit in rendering. I know programs like Vegas Pro 12 and Photoshop CS6 utilize my 580 all the time.

Curious since you mentioned game design, is it a study, a hobby or possible future career choice?
If so, what engine are you using (if any) for your projects.

I ask since I am studying game design myself and mostly use UDK personally.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom