i5, GTX 460, 212+, 690 II, SSD with $850?

Status
Not open for further replies.
WIth all of that and a motherboard id say thats a negative unless you went with a small cheaper SSD and a cheap board and PSU.

Having an additional PhysX card is pointless.

yeah there's no way that you can get all that for 850 without cutting some corners. In regard to the PhysX card, all nvidia cards have physx built in so having a dedicated physx card is unnecessary. And as far as cases, go I didn't see that difference in the cases, but that definitely makes sense as something worth while to get.

Honestly I would save up a little more so you can really get a killer system that you don't have to cut corners on. You'll be much happier if you get all that you want.

XFX is a good choice for any product, they have some of the best warranties in the business so if it screws up (which is a rarity) you're in good hands.

Motherboard, depends on what you want to do. If you're overclocking then I'd suggest something more expensive and better, if you're just looking to have something that will serve as a motherboard and nothing else, then you can get away with something cheaper and probably get what you're looking for with around $900

you said it. Amd is cheaper but slower, intel is more expensive and faster. The motherboard will be around the same unless you're going for a extremely high end (then an intel board will be more expensive). Basically it boils down to do you want a slower computer now, or a faster computer in xx days when you can spend an extra 100-150 bones. I've jumped on the AMD bandwagon cause it would get me a computer 'now' but in the long run I don't think it's as worth it, and you'll always be wishing that you had something faster and had spent a few extra bucks.

But if you want to go AMD then we can probably make a build with the stuff you wanted that's around the 850 mark.

I would say the 970 BE or 1055T would be the best comparisons to the i5-750, but using a 970 BE would only save $20.

I really wouldn't want to get much smaller of an SSD, Because I want to Put Win7 x64, Premiere Pro CS5 and more on it. Would a 40-50 GB SSD be worth it?
I mean, $70 for a 32GB is a lot. Thats a little over $2/GB

$2/GB is a pretty good price for a SSD. I would recommend a 60GB drive as a good minimum if you wish to install a few programs and have some extra space for future use.

newegg.jpg

G.Skill Phoenix Pro 60GB - Price after Promo Code - $114.99 ($1.92/GB)
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Phoenix Pro Series FM-25S2S-60GBP2 2.5" 60GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

OCZ Agility 2 60GB SSD - Price after Promo Code - $139.99 (this drive also has a $20 rebate)($2.33/GB)(after rebate $2/GB)
Newegg.com - OCZ Agility 2 OCZSSD2-2AGTE60G 2.5" 60GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

OCZ Vertex 30GB SSD - Price after Promo Code - $81.99 (this drive also has a $20 rebate)($2.73/GB)(after rebate $2.07/GB)
Newegg.com - OCZ Vertex Series OCZSSD2-1VTX30GXXX 2.5" 30GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

I actually have all 3 of the SSD's in this ad, plus an Agility 120GB. For the money the G.Skill Phoenix Pro is hard to beat.

Don't forget to tweak it :thumbsup:
http://www.techist.com/forums/f128/ssd-tweak-guide-236563/#post1851084
I just added a couple more tweaks to the bottom of the 1st post so don't overlook them

I would say the 970 BE or 1055T would be the best comparisons to the i5-750, but using a 970 BE would only save $20.

I really wouldn't want to get much smaller of an SSD, Because I want to Put Win7 x64, Premiere Pro CS5 and more on it. Would a 40-50 GB SSD be worth it?
I mean, $70 for a 32GB is a lot. Thats a little over $2/GB

For the amount you would need for a good AMD Quad youd be spending almost the same amount of cash on the i5 750.

Anything 955BE or up can pretty much clock the same because they are basically all the same chip. Just to make mention, i went from a 955 to an i5 750.

Funny guy ^_^

but I don't have to Pay gas or phone bills.

I've only got $395 atm, and I'm working to get more.

I've got 3 Aluminum Truck toppers in the Garage, Two 50 gal drums filled with cans, and etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom