i5 build: Sandy Bridge vs. Lynnfield for office computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to get stupid-fast SSD speeds, look into OCZ's Revo drives. The 80GB is $249 and the 120GB is $310, but the read speed is up to 540MB/s and the write speed is up to 490MB/s. They use the PCI-E x4 (or a spare x16) so the transfer rate is awesome. They make bigger sizes, as well as the RevoDrive X2's but the X2's start at $429 for 100GB (but reads speeds up to 740MB/s and write speeds up to 690MB/s). Serious geek pr0n right there, boys.

Newegg.com - OCZ RevoDrive OCZSSDPX-1RVD0080 PCI-Express x4 80GB PCI Express MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Newegg.com - OCZ RevoDrive OCZSSDPX-1RVD0120 PCI-E x4 120GB PCI Express MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Newegg.com - OCZ RevoDrive X2 OCZSSDPX-1RVDX0100 PCI-E 100GB PCI-Express x4 MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Well as its work, save 3 bucks for the non k.

No clue on the gpu thing.

What OS are you putting on it, as 32Gig is pretty small.

EDIT......

I MEANT 30 BUCKS

i5 2500K & the i7 2600K use intel HD3000 graphics, but non-K models use HD2000 which is slower. However, all laptop version of sandy bridge are going to use HD3000 graphics (at least this is the case so far)

Also, H67 motherboard which support integrated graphic, does not support overclocking even if you buy k model. So, you have to choose between overclocking or using faster integrated graphics

dang, I wish I'd have looked at RevoDrives when I bought my SSD......I just looked at the SATA connection ones on newegg...not even bothering to look at others.. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom