i5 2500k build assistance

Demalii

Fully Optimized
Hello, I already have a pc power and cooling 750w psu.. I'm replacing the internals in my rig.. new mobo/cpu/gpu/ram..

I'm certain that i want an i5 2500k, from what I read, it's just exactly what I need. I will be able to verclock and I typically don't multitask like a madman to the point where I think i7 hyperthreading is necessary..

Anyways... to the point!

Please, if some of you wouldn't mind, compiling what you think would be the best mobo/gpu/ram for the i5 2500k .. I'm looking to spend around 700-900$US, including the purchase of the i5.. So for best gaming results.. I'm not certain which mobo would be right, but I was thinking maybe a 660ti for the video. Okay, so sorry for the ramble, but thanks for any lists or items you all believe to be best bang for buck currently.

Ohh yes, and what aftermarket heatsink for the i5 2500k would be best also please! =)

Thanks everyone! =)

ok I might actually do that, if it's still possible tmrw, either way if this cpu will provide more power then I'll do it, uhm, but 1 question, Performance loss from only using 1 stick of ram opposed to 2? The combo only provides 1 stick so I figured I'd add the question. thanks again

Not much if all you're doing is gaming. Since you have an extra 100 to play with you can add another of the same stick for 16GB dual channel. Or you could up to a 2GB 680.

ok well hey thanks a lot for the replies.. If I don't get that combo I'll likely stick with those items anyways

Might as well. The 2500k is a nice chip but the 3570k is faster stock and neither require overclocking. You can always get aftermarket cooling later. Hell, I would put more money into the GPU. Get a 680 and call it a day lol.

heard that, I might do a 680.. regardless, can you recommend an aftermarket heatsink for the 3570?.. even if I'm going to not overclock.. no reason to keep a stock piece of junk eh?

Also what about g.skill? I've never used crucial or g.skill, always corsair

Well I didn't recommend because there isn't a need to overclock. My little i5 750 isn't even OCed right now and I have it under water AND it's a first gen. The money is better spent on a better GPU.

BUT I would grab an H80i if you feel you need something. The stock heatsink solution is 100% fine for stock clocks though. Remember, 3570k turbo is 3.8GHz already.

aha that does make sense on the recommendation, I been overclocking everything for 10 years now.. This will be.. weird to not overclock this time around. Okay well I think I'm done bugging ya. Perhaps I will let you know how it all turns out =)

I have been overclocking since 99 on a Pentium 133MHz. I know them feels. Just when it's not needed there comes a time when you just realize there is no point wasting the energy and exerting all that heat for nothing. Epeen isn't what it used to be.

Back
Top Bottom