I want to build a new custom PC for gaming and video editing

Oldsequences

Beta member
Hello everybody,

I need your help because I'm just a newbie in this subject, never built a PC from scratch and only even saw it being done once.
So I am not really aware of the best combinations and where you can spare a few bucks, where you should spend a few more so I hope you can help me out with some more detailed suggestions.
So let's get straight to the facts.
I would like to use the PC mainly for gaming and FullHD video editing.
I only have a 240 GB Kingston SSD so other than that I need every component.
The setup would run on three FullHD monitors with HDMI port so that's already given.
The budget is max 1100$.
I have been searching online stores, reading through forums and articles and made up the following two setups:

1) AMD:
Motherboard: Asrock AB350M-Pro4
CPU: AMD Ryzen 1500X / 1600
Memory: 2x8GB DDR4 3000-3200MHz
GPU: GTX1070-8GB / Asus DUAL-GTX1070-8G
HDD: 1 TB WD10EZEX, Toshiba P300
Power Supply: FSP Hyper M 500W / Cooler Master G450M
Case: Cooler Master CM 590 III / Zalman Z9 Neo white

2) Intel:
Motherboard: ASRock Z370M Pro4 / MSI Z370 SLI Plus
CPU: i3-8350K / i5-8400
GPU: GTX1070-8GB / Asus DUAL-GTX1070-8G
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212X / be quiet! Pure Rock
Memory: 2x8GB DDR4 2666 MHz(+) (Corsair, HyperX, G.Skill)
HDD: 1 TB WD10EZEX, Toshiba P300
Power Supply: FSP Hyper M 500W / Cooler Master G450M
Case: Cooler Master CM 590 III / Zalman Z9 Neo white

My previous and first PC was based fully on AMD but I have no preference so therefore I would happily try out nvidia and/or intel products, hence the two different setups.
The main thing you should consider when suggesting me a little or absolutely different setup is that my main priority would be these games to run smoothly on ultra fullHD +50fps: Civ 5/6, F1 2016/2017, Fifa 18, GTA V, PUBG.

So do you fancy any of the two setups or if not what would you suggest to me?

i5 8400 all day, and I'd look at getting a better PSU for either of these rigs. The wattage range is fine (500-550) but a better model/brand. The FSP would probably be fine, but an eVGA G2/3 or Seasonic would be a wiser choice. Due to RAM price fixing if it saves a bit of money 2133 would be fine on the Intel rig.

For editing , the stretch to a ryzen R7 would make a big difference if you can afford it. It's a cheap time to buy on of those to with zen+ launching .

But as pp Maguire hinted at it will cost more on ram as ryzen needs faster ram to get full benefit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom