I want to build a mini it system

I just need low power system , that i cant leave running cos when i leave my beast gaming pc on , my electric bill is veryy highh..... is there anyway past that but still have a good server

So the aim of this system , is to have low power but fun a 50 - 100 player mc server...
could someone do that for me?

So the aim of this system , is to have low power but fun a 50 - 100 player mc server...
could someone do that for me?

Low power and 50-100 players don't match. Maybe 10-15, but you're going to need some serious power for 50-100 players. That and an awesome internet connection. Like... at least 50mbps up.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

So should i just buy a server then?

an i5 / i7 build would work. An i5 might have problems though. You're also going to need a fast SSD and RAM for it. $650 might not cut it :tongue: my $500 server seems fine for maybe 20 people... Really depends on the plugins you run too though. At 6 people on I sit at like 4GB of RAM used. Its supposedly ~100MB per each additional player so.. Say 3 for the server, an additional 10 for 100 players. 13GB with people accessing the SSD and RAM to load the map. Double that if you use Dynmap :tongue:

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

I can easily build a good beefy server... but leaving it on all day will cost a bomb....

I3s and i5s take less wattage than any AMD processor you could use for a server. The point of the matter is you're getting more umph and less power consumption for the money without buying into useless graphics horsepower.

Back
Top Bottom