I think I finally got my act together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spartan III said:
Yeah I was actually thinking about waiting till the second service pack to come out. That way it will be reliable and cheaper by then.

I am mostly going to be playing Eve-Online and some source engine games(HL2. CS-source) for the next 6 months so I don't think vista would help me much anyway when it comes out.

Thanks a ton for your help! Ganna get me that biostar board and those two 512mb rams you suggested :D :D :D

hope that works out for you man, if you have any questions shoot me a pm.

My last 3 builds were with that mobo, I love it.

UA_Iron said:
hope that works out for you man, if you have any questions shoot me a pm.

My last 3 builds were with that mobo, I love it.
Will do! Hope you have a merry christmas!

hitm4n666 said:
ur video card is SLI and ur mobo does support that feature will ur video card even work??
SLI means you can use 2 video cards together on the same board(like crossfire for ATI cards). Both the video card and the board have to be designed for SLI to work.

Since the board is not designed for SLI all that means is I can't hook in 2 video cards. It has nothing to do with compatibility.

so if i wanted i could purchase that video card and put it into my d915gag motherboard it would work perfectly??

"so if i wanted i could purchase that video card and put it into my d915gag motherboard it would work perfectly??"

SLI wouldn't work because you don't have two pci-e slots, the video card would work perfect as long as you have a pci-e slot, which I think you do but I'm not familiar with your motherboard.

anywho

I'd go with ecs mobo due to it being more popular and I would trust it more, its an amazing bargain build you have there, I'd expect excellent performance in xp & past games, but not great performance in vista, rainbow six, armed assult, unreal 07 engine based games, I love bargain machines & you'd be hard pressed to do better, can't be too future proofed though unless you spend some Benjamin's.

what games are you wanting to play?

hitm4n666 said:
so if i wanted i could purchase that video card and put it into my d915gag motherboard it would work perfectly??
These are the specs for your motherboard and it says it has 1 PCI-Express x16 slot which means the video card will work since thats the slot it takes. Mobo specs

macdawg said:
I'd go with ecs mobo due to it being more popular and I would trust it more, its an amazing bargain build you have there, I'd expect excellent performance in xp & past games, but not great performance in vista, rainbow six, armed assult, unreal 07 engine based games, I love bargain machines & you'd be hard pressed to do better, can't be too future proofed though unless you spend some Benjamin's.

what games are you wanting to play? [/B]
Mostly just Eve-Online which only requires at maximum(recommended):
• Processor: P4 1GHz+.
• RAM Memory: 256MB or higher.
• 3D Accelerator: 64MB or higher video card.

But I am also going to play some source games like Half Life 2 and Counterstrike source as well as any new strategy games like command and conquer 3, civilization 4, and age of empires 3.

If Mass Effect(currently being developed by bioware for the xbox 360) comes out for PC than I will want to play that too(this one I think will be the most taxing of all the games I will play).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom