I think I finally got my act together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats why i was saying to ditch the value ram, it wont overclock well at all. But it really depends on what you intend on doing with the system.

I am going to get the pair of 512mb chips that you suggested as I don't think I will need a total of 2 gigs, but plan to try overclocking in the future.

I dunno man, you might want to think about 2 gigs soon. Because in like 9 months or so it is really gonna be usefel. I am assuming that this rig your gonna build will be around for a while.

Think about vista, it will use 2 gigs.

lancec2c30 said:
I dunno man, you might want to think about 2 gigs soon. Because in like 9 months or so it is really gonna be usefel. I am assuming that this rig your gonna build will be around for a while.

Think about vista, it will use 2 gigs.
Vista requires 2 gigs?

No but it will run best on 2 gigs. it only requires 512mb, but when it is idling it uses over 500mb of ram. Which would mean that if you have 1 gig you could only utilize 524mb of the ram for other programs.

Just a thought I would throw out there for you. Either way I am sure you will be more than satisfied.

I could always upgrade with another two 512s in the future if I needed it couldn't I? Yeah I know it wouldn't perform quite as well as two 1 gig modules, but it wouldn't be that far off right?

Spartan III said:
I could always upgrade with another two 512s in the future if I needed it couldn't I? Yeah I know it wouldn't perform quite as well as two 1 gig modules, but it wouldn't be that far off right?

true.

IMO it would be wise to wait a year till vista is out, or till a first service pack at least. Thing will be buggy and doesnt do a whole lot more than XP does now.

UA_Iron said:
true.

IMO it would be wise to wait a year till vista is out, or till a first service pack at least. Thing will be buggy and doesnt do a whole lot more than XP does now.
Yeah I was actually thinking about waiting till the second service pack to come out. That way it will be reliable and cheaper by then.

I am mostly going to be playing Eve-Online and some source engine games(HL2. CS-source) for the next 6 months so I don't think vista would help me much anyway when it comes out.

Thanks a ton for your help! Ganna get me that biostar board and those two 512mb rams you suggested :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom