I think I finally got my act together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan III

Baseband Member
Ok I have posted a couple different builds here and after suggestions and comments I think I finally have the build I want(its a budget build remember).

Processor - Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego 2.4GHz 1MB L2 Cache - $80
CPU cooler - GIGABYTE GH-ED821-LC 94 mm Ball CPU Cooler - $10
Motherboard - ECS KN1 Lite 1.0A Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra - $50
Memory - Corsair ValueSelect 2x512MB DDR400 PC3200 - $103
Video Card - eVGA GeForce 7600GT 256MBGDDR3 - $104 after rebate
Power Supply - Rosewill Black RD450-2-DB ATX V2.2 450W - $32 after combo
Case - Rosewill R604-P SL w/120mm Fan Computer Case - $30
Keyboard - Microsoft Curve 2000 B2L-00002 Ergonomics Keyboard - $15
Mouse - Rosewill RM-285 5 Button USB Optical Mouse - $5 after combo
Extras - Ultra Silver Thermal Compound - $5
Extras - 2x Rosewill RFA120L-B 120mm 4 Blue LEDs LED Case Fan - $4 each
Total Cost: $481 after Shipping and rebate

Already have:
OS - Windows XP Home Edition SP2
Monitor - Dell UltraScan P1110 21-inch (19.8 VIS) Monitor
Hard Drive - Maxtor DiamondMax 200GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
Sound Card - Sound Blaster Live! Series (WDM)
CD-R/CD-RW - Lite-On 48x/24x/48x
DVD-R/DVD-RW - BTC (8x4x6 DVD±RW) DVD±RW IDE Drive

So what do you guys think?

[Edit] I am rather curious about the mobo. Over 50% of the reviews at newegg are 5 eggs/stars, but there are some pretty bad reviews and I want to make sure I am not buying a bad board.

lol, our systems will be clones! no kiddin, im thinkin on same mobo, cpu, ram, and was about the psu... good build, tho, i would step it up a bit on the cpu cooler, but thats just me, get a ninja or something because thats meant for a AMD Athlon 64 3700+ and u got a 4000 so u might get some high temps, especially if you overclock

EDIT: no, nevermine, ur gettin the light version mobo.

bmxfreakrider said:
lol, our systems will be clones! no kiddin, im thinkin on same mobo, cpu, ram, and was about the psu... good build, tho, i would step it up a bit on the cpu cooler, but thats just me, get a ninja or something because thats meant for a AMD Athlon 64 3700+ and u got a 4000 so u might get some high temps, especially if you overclock

EDIT: no, nevermine, ur gettin the light version mobo.
Cool, nice build yourself ;)

Ok I'll get this fan instead. Its made for the 4000+ and has lots of good reviews GIGABYTE GH-ED821-LC 94 mm Ball CPU Cooler

Amended my original post to include it.

I am rather curious about the mobo. Over 50% of the reviews at newegg are 5 eggs/stars, but there are some pretty bad reviews and I want to make sure I am not buying a bad board.

lol, it should be good, most of the reviews are from newbs that dont know what they are doing, and from peeps that get bad boards that slipped past quality control. should be good, if ne problems, just rma it, newegg makes it easy.

yea the system looks pretty much set. tho i would suggest this, its great stuff. but if you had a few extra hundred, i would suggest getting 2gb of ram, and a 7800GT, give you alot better game preformance (im just gettin 1gb to get it running, after that im gonna get 2 1gb sticks and run that, 3gb total, so it should run pretty nicely, already got this)

Ok, after some more research I decided you are right, and to stick with the board I listed.

Thanks for your help and good luck with your build! :D

Man, I know you have already got it planned, but do NOT buy ECS. From my experience with two of their boards, their customer support sucks, as well as the manufacturing quality of the board itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom