i think i am ******

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattchew13

Baseband Member
umm hello in august i bought a new computer the specs are in my sig. my problem is that nvidia are realising all these new graphics cards and my graphics has been discontinued. so i want to upgrade my comp with a new graphics card and maybe a new mobo. i have around 500 dollars us to play with to upgrade my pc.

is it worth me picking up a second hand 8800gts for $260 and buying the new nvidia 780i mobo and go sli? or shall i buy just 1 ati 3870 and use it with my current mobo?

Ummm... your GFX is still in the top tier. There's no need to upgrade yet, unless you just want to.

I agree with Trotter.... Just because it's "discontinued" doesn't mean the company would support it if something went wrong... and yes it's still a great card to play any game on. I have the PNY version of the same card and it's still running thru a game like butter. If you "Need" to spend your money and upgrade, maybe you can get a quad-core, and new mobo... that seems, to me at least, to make more sense, than to try and get another GPU. (Since they are already starting come out with the next series/set for the new year) but truthfully... I'd save my money for something else. You system is still very nice compared to a LOT of people on here.

Dont go SLI. Nvidia boards are just a giant headache. I think im going back to single card and intel chipset once the new nvidia 9 series cards come out.

If anything, sell it and pick up a 8800gt or 8800gts 512mb. But that is really not needed, as everyone else has said.

if u want to upgrade ur gpu(which like everyone has said is not neccesary), wait until the 9 series drops in price a few months after they release, that would be better money spent. If ur going to spend money upgrade the cpu to a q6600 or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom