I think 1 TB of Hard drive space is a little to much...

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of 10:42 PM Eastern Time , Im off to play Source.....have fun with this thread and KEEP IT GOING B|TCHES!!!!

1TB of storage is not pointless. If you do anykind of audio/video/picture creation/editing you need an insane amount of space. I know a photoshop person who uses 5TB of storage... its not completly useless. i personally use 693GB storage 2x 500GB's in raid 1.

I think people were implying that the normal gamer who might download movies etc will probably never have a use for 1tb of space.

if your a crazy *** pirate then and DL everything to F'n see thats over a gig than it might make sense. I know some people like that. hundreds of editing programs and software that will probably never be opened for the rest of their pathetic digital lives. Some people just dl movies for the sack of the space and dl games too just as bargaining chips on certain share programs.

1 Terabyte of music is defianately not impossible to get. They might have some songs at higher bit rates and stuff. So 1 terabtye might be 100,000-150,000 songs. I'm sure someone made some program that just downloads music all day long. And yes there is way more then 1 terabyte of music on the internet. For instance there are over 2 million songs on iTunes.

my father is a freelance TV director, and as is part of his job, he spends a huge amount of time in an edit studio. The machines that they edit on are usually like dual G5s with 5 terabytes of storage. They need that stuff because the vidoes that they process/edit are HUGE. But for the average John Q user, that is a waste of space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom