I Seriously Need Help PLZ!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satan666

In Runtime
I have a Asus Probe p4sgx-mx and i just bought a
http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=332326&pfp=cat3

The manual that comes with it gives no instructions at all to show you how to hook up my mobo into the case. The problem that i have is with the System Panel connectors, i have followed the mobo manual correctly of how to set up the connectors but it wont work.

As i look into my other case of how they are connected they are alot different then my new case setup.

Can someone show me the "correct" way of doing this plz.
The new case cable colors are Black-red=power sw, Blue-white= power led, purple-white=reset sw, and orange-white=h.d.d led, thoughs are the connectors in my new case.

My old case is black-red=power sw, green-white= im not sure of it, and theres another 2 colors which im not sure what it is again.

I tried to hook up the cords the same way as i did in my old case but no luck. Can someone plz help me on this. :(

i dont get that, is that for the system panel??? If so can someone help me with that plz.

EDIT: I know, i cant beleive how much i got it for, but i cant get it to work :(

Your only option is to power the thing up and plug them in one by one till they work. When i get a PC that somebody wants me to fix and i dont have any manulas thats usualy what i end up doing. Its completely safe and should make it work fine. Just find the power and plug it in then go into bios or something and just plug each cable in one at a time until they work and then when its all said and done then just write it down on paper or something. Its not really hard, also there should be a panel indicator on the motherboard manual or on the board itself somewhere.
EDIT: The conector guide for the front panel cables are in the motherboard manual to make that more clear.

yes you are correct about the motherboard manual but when i follow the instructions about which plugs into which pins it doesnt work which is very odd. Wow it might just work, ill give it a shot first thing in the morning. Wish me luck ^.^

Edit: Thank you for the info!!! =)

No prob man, but if you are truly following what it says in the book then it should work fine. Also when plugging them in try flipping them upside down and all that good stuff too.

Dude i did everything correctly and doing what you were saying and it work for a little while and then my monitor wont turn on for some reason so i was pulled one of the cords out of pins and next thing you know it wont boot up anymore. So then i put everything back where it was and it wont work anymore =(. I think its my crap ass motherboard, ill get a new mobo and then try it again, which will be later on in the future haha.

It really can't be that hard, when I did my first build I followed the instructions word-for-word and it did just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom