I/O Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shirtbird

Baseband Member
Quick question; well I was taking apart my computer to clean it out, but forgot to put the I/O shield in first.. is it that big of a deal to leave it out?

Its not a big deal (for me)

Some people like it there, I personally don't use it on there as its hard to clean if it gets a bit dusty back there

Plus its not worth removing your motherboard, unplug your PSU wires on it all over again just to put the shield plate

meh, i don't really care much for them (sure i use it on but i doesn't really matter.

But to put it back on would take less then 2 mins so id just throw it back on. No need to un plug anything, well except the power cord. Unscrew the mobo screws, slide it to the side a bit and pop it in.

meh, i don't really care much for them (sure i use it on but i doesn't really matter.

But to put it back on would take less then 2 mins so id just throw it back on. No need to un plug anything, well except the power cord. Unscrew the mobo screws, slide it to the side a bit and pop it in.
Jeeze that hurts my back just thinking about it. :laughing:

It sounds easy, but i guarantee its not going to be the easiest thing you've ever done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom