Not open for further replies.

Nagasama

disgruntled ex-moderator
okay
option 1:
buy an x2 3600 (lol sora)
and a tforce 550 mobo and try to push it past 3.0
option 2:
buy an x2 5000 and hope it's 13 multi lets me push it past 3ghz using my current mobo because of the low fsb.
option 3:
buy an evga 590 mobo and try to get my 4200 past 3ghz (supposedly the 590 chipset likes a little higher fsb than my nf4). it would take 275+ to get my 4200 there, it has a 11 multi. 275 is a lot.
help. i gotta buy somethin before i explode.
i gotta break 3ghz, because i just gotta.

P.S.
i notice that the 590 mobo has an 8 pin cpu connector.
my abit has a 4 pin.
does this mean i have to buy a new psu as well, if i choose this board?
or is the 8 pin cpu there only for quad core future proofing hahahaha. dont make me laugh...

Well has it been tested that your 4200 can OC to 3.0ghz with one of those boards? The X2 3600 pretty much will always hit 2.8ghz with a board such as the biostar but 3.0 depends on the chip too.

I don't know what the max speeds of AMD's are except for the X2 3600 and the X2 6000

well.....im gonna be the beta tester here, lol...
i have seen a review or two that have gotten to 3ghz with my cpu (same stepping) and a foxconn 590 board, which according to my recent research is the same as the evga 590 board.
i can reach 2.8 with my 4200...for free.
although it is not easy, but thats okay haha.

Then I would get the EVGA board as if yours can hit that too it'd be the same except you would have a better board as well. Still if all else fails you could try an X2 3600 later :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom