I need some quick help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snapple

Baseband Member
Hey guys, i went ahead and built my system tonight, but I need some help.

Everythings all plugged in, the mobo's screwed down, snug, but not hard.

But.

I hit the power button and it only runs for about 3 seconds. All the fans, heatsink, and led's work.

I think it just might be shorting out against the case though, so would placing a non conducting material under the mobo help me out? I've had this happen to me before( on a different motherboard ), and I'm hoping the same solution works here.

For reference its an asus p5b board.

Hopefully some of you guys can help me.

I built the entire system on a hardwood floor, so I dont think I fried anything, my best guess is the boards shorting out. What do you think?

Lay the anti-static bag that came with your motherboard over the box it came in and set it atop there.

lol I will try the anti static bag, thanks

and the psu's an OCZ 600 watt, which should cover all that I have Lol.

Hurray 11th post!

the anti static bag under the board didnt do the trick

however, I'm still screwing directly into the mounts, so the boards touching those, could that be a problem?

If it is, I'll try to match up the bag with the screws and the mounts and try again.

I still need help and suggestions, anyone?

By mounts I mean the elevated mounts, or i guess stand offs. So I'm saying I dont think I fried it, tomorrow morning I'll try my other mobo and see if thats the problem, if it is then im gonna feel stupid.

Anyway, any other suggestions? if it is shorting out what else can I do.

um if your shorted it out. .i think its pretty much dead.. make sure that your power and hdd led thingys are plugged in right you know the lil ones ... for the front panel.. make sure you have all the power plugges connected and umm i think you may have killed it... even tho you worked on a hardwood floor you can still carry ESD.

Alright I gotcha. I'll find out tomorrow morning, hopefully, whether or not I screwed myself or not, ugh.

The only thing though, I've experienced something like this before, then I put something underneath the mobo and it started up fine.

I'm hoping that's the case. If not I'll have to order a new one and be more careful.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom