I need some help deciding...

sk8erdude

Beta member
Hi ! So my current video card is an ati hd6750 from VTX3D. I want to change it with another card becaus im not satisfied with it performances. After playing a while , some games (like crysis 2) crashes without any warning.
So now i want to buy another one and this video cars caught my attention :

Palit GeForce GTX 650 OC 1GB DDR5 128-bit Placa video - PC Garage

Gainward GeForce GTX 650 Golden Sample 1GB DDR5 128-bit Placa video - PC Garage

Gainward GeForce GTS 450 1GB DDR5 128-bit HDMI Placa video - PC Garage

I dont know exactly what should i buy , but i want the best from those three.

The rest of my pc components are:

power supply : sirtec high power 400 W
CPU : G620 2.60 GHZ
8 GB DDR3

Please help me to take a decision. I really want a new game card so i need to decide.

Your best bet is the Palit 650, although your crashing problem is probably a driver problem with the 6750.

Problem with it is, your processor will hold most of your performance gains back while playing games like Skryim or BF3. Also, I'm a bit weary on your PSU brand too.

Actually i've already been to warranty with this game card. After several tests , they replace it with another game card from the same producer. So i guess this game card was not a good choice from the beginning . I tried several drivers but all had the same result , crashing after a while playing a game. Now i want to buy another video card , but i can't decide.

Well in that case then it might also be a temperature issue. Did they ever tell you to monitor your temps while gaming? Crashing can also be caused by the card not getting enough power from the PSU. If the PSU isn't good quality it can have a bad ripple in the 12v rail under load which would cause crashes.

Neah , the PSU is doing fine , i've already tested it . I also checked the temperatures , are normal. In full load somewhere between 50-60 degrees . I guess is just a bad video card. I bought it because it was so cheap , like 70-80 dollars.

Back
Top Bottom