I need a router for gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the maximum speed your NIC supports. I mean, what is the speed of the internet service you pay for? Do a speed test at testmy.net.

i have the d-link gaming router, DGL-4100 (wired version). its very good. even my roommate is d/l something, i get no lag on BF2. it just makes him d/l slower. (but not much tho) so i'd recommend it to any gamer.

I want to have maximum performance, If I can have it with a cheapo router, Good! If I have to buy the D-link gaming router to have maximum performance, That's what I will do.

Basically I hate lag and don't want to waste my money :)

I just remembered, When the cable guy hooked up my cable modem, He couldn't get the regular lan? connection to work, so he used the usb connection. He said it wouldn't make a difference, Is this true?

Here's the results...
Download speed: 2467 kilobits per second
Download speed: 2496 kilobits per second

Your Internet speed: 1281 kilobits per second.
Your Internet speed: 1098 kilobits per second.

I have no idea about this stuff, So I really need and appreciate all your help :D

The USB connection sucks, that by itself is probably slowing things down and causing lag. AFAIK, you also can't use a router with the usb connection.

O' no, That's not good.

When I hook up the Ethernet cable, It lights up and blinks where the cable plugs into my computer and the modem, But my computer says there is no internet connection.

When I hook up the usb cable, I get a internet connection within a few seconds.

How do I find out if the modems Ethernet OUT is not working or the Ethernet IN on my PC is not working?

The "Ethernet IN" is called a Network Interface Card, NIC for short. It is most likely built in to your motherboard. I doubt there is anything wrong with it, download and install your latest chipset drivers, and ethernet driver and see if that dosn't fix it.

Yes it is built into my motherboard.

I can't find any drivers for my computer. I contacted Emachines and they said I should uninstall my network adapter and do a restart. I did and It didn't fix it.

Under LAN Status it says the speed is 100mbs :) with no connectivity :(

What do I do know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom