I need a new motherboard huh?

Da11en47

In Runtime
So I ordered an Intel Core i5-3570K, tried it in my motherboard, didn't work, started beeping at me. Tried to update the BIOS from the Acer website, failed.

My motherboard supports an Intel® H67 Express Chipset. Therefore is can't handle a 3rd generation i5 right?

If it's not writing then it could be the right bios but not for your board. Make sure everything is absolutely the same.

Brand, model, submodel, and version all matter.

Also, are you doing it from within Windows, or the bios?

I looked up my computer model on the Acer website, it doesn't go into details about the motherboards. Windows.

Take a screenshot of the actual motherboard tab for me. OEMs like Acer get their motherboards from other companies like Asus and such and just rebrand them.

Just to be clear, your error is not the same as the OPs error in the link. The wrong size or wrong type just means the bios wasn't made for that board. Being write protected is completely different. If you're actually getting this error
ROM file size does not match existing BIOS size
That means that bios won't work with that board. Meaning, need to find the proper one from somewhere else.

Take note, these companies don't want you upgrading your PC, they want you to buy a new one. That means you need to jump leaps and bounds just to get certain things like a new CPU to work. In the end, you may need a new board but for right now that isn't the case with a simple wrong size error.

Back
Top Bottom