I need a new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawizhacker

Daemon Poster
Hi people,

I'v been asking my dad to gimi some $$$ i got a little bit out of him before christmas.

I have a quite cruddy computer at the moment... my budget 3400$ Canadian... that about 2600 Us. I already have a Monitor, Speakers, Mouse, Keyboard, Printer, Cd-RW, Dvd-R, Two hard drives together at 280 gigs running at an everage of 6300 rpm.

I basically need:
The best motherboard
A 2.8+++++ ghz prossesor
A video card around nvidia 6800 or radeon x700
A case...
A power block 500 wat or higher
A no sound card at this moment
A 2 or 1 gig sticks of ram (1X1gig of ram) or (2x1 gig of ram)

My budget is expendiable by about maybe 2 more grand us.

kk. thx in advence...

That budget is too high for me. I usually deal with 700-1,000 dollar budgets. I'll tell you right now that that will be enough for an amazing computer.

Please can u customize a 700-1000$ comp then... i specified i only need the cpu, mother board, case, video card, ram, wattage and wat ever else i need.

Can u please do that for me, that owuld be great if you did.

forlorn_ronin said:
Stop by my shop see what you think.
lol that cracks me up ..

Okay, sweet budget, wizhacker. Are you sure you only want a 6800? With a budget like that, you could have a 7800GT or even a 7800GTX, depending on what processor you get.

So, second of all, are you going to overclock? Also, do you want a single- or dual-core processor?

I don't want to dig around Canadian shops since I'm well-acquainted with Newegg, so I'll tell you what stuff you could get, and you can find it in Canada yourself.

Wow. That can get you a hella good PC.
AMD X2 & NVIDIA
Configuration submitted by "003"
Have a question about this build? PM "003"
Price Range: $2500
All Components from www.newegg.com

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Toledo
Motherboard: DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D
Memory: G.SKILL Extreme Series 2GB (2 x 1GB)
HDD: Western Digital Caviar SE16 250GB
Video Card: BFG Tech Geforce 7800GTX 512MB
Audio: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS
Optical:NEC Black 2M Cache IDE/ATAPI DVD/CD Burner
Case:Lian Li PC-65B Black ATX Mid Tower
PSU: PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 510 SLI

9 Items @ $2426.48 (S&H & OS not included in this price)
You can build offa that if you want. Thats gonna be a sick machine.

My budget is expendiable by about maybe 2 more grand us.
what do you mean by that?

kk... i'm quite sure that i only need a one of the 6 series 6600 or 6800, prefurably with 256ram on them.

Im only goint to use this computer for about a month or so... my grandma is sending me a forty-eight thousand dollar computer for my birthday. My dad is giving my about 1-4 thousand to spend on this one, I will then use it to only play lan games.

I haven't gamed since around back when radeon 7500 came out... that was like 5 or 6 years ago. I have really lost track of all the deep computer stuff.

I hear that dual-coar is swell so if that's correct then i'll take it...

I'm only visiting Canada since my dad owns a business here, so i really don't know any Canadian store's. Newegg sound good to me... it's all the same.

Can you just provide me with wat you think would be the best for me... nothing to high thoe.

THX agian.

a $48000 computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why even bother buy one if you are just gonna get a new one in a month. Im confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom