I need hlep picking out a motherboard thats right for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint71

In Runtime
Im currently picking out parts for my first build and I have everything picked out except the case and motherboard. There are so many boards to choose from and I feel overwhelmed. All I require my board to have is a 939 socket with one pci-express 16x slot. I dont plan on doing any overclocking or SLI. And I dont want to spend a ton on a board but I dont wanna be cheap either.

I dont think im going to go with a DFI board because I dont like how the RAM is placed on the board. The MSI boards look like a good deal but the ASUS boards have really caught my eye. Anyone have any opinions on the A8N-SLI Delux or Premium boards made by them.

DFI boards are mostly for overclocking because their boards can hold up to it more. MSI boards are great quality boards for a low price. I just got a DFI nF4 Ultra-Infinity, s939, 1 pci-ex16, 2 pci-e, supports 4 gigs and supports dual channel for 95 bucks.

I think im going to get the ASUS Premium board it seems to have good reviews and the heat pipe seems like a good idea.

i've been a Asus fan for years , but recently i heard asus doing not so good..exp : Asus A8N SLI deluex

i also planning for building a new gaming machine - my choices are MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum or DFI nF4 SLI.

you can ask others whether Asus A8N SLI is good or not?

yeah i keep seeing comments about how asus is not preferred for AMD's. Choose either DFI or MSI.

i read a good review, and i'm sorry i dont have the link, but it said asus a8n and dfi lan party are both equal. if you like to oc get dfi. in light of news that amd's arent working, even if you dont over clock, you wont be losing anything! i'm in the same boat, now i think i will be giong that route! thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom