I need help with RAM

Many peeps believed the phenom chips are still better that the first generation FX chips.

But if you compare AMD's FX 6300 to the G3258, The 6300 comes out on top, unless you spend extra to purchase a cooler to o/c the G3258 chip.
AMD FX-6300 vs Intel Pentium G3258
If you need to o/c the chip just to make up for it's inabilities, then it won't have much future to last long before you need to upgrade it again $$$
Currently Intel is providing an upgrade path but Intel does have a notorious reputation for not doing that so you may not get another upgrade path from Intel in the future
LOL CPU world. Go watch Linus' video on the 3258.

Also, AMD created Mantle to make up for the FX's lack of single threaded performance. Talk about making up for inabilities. At least slightly overclocked the 3258 can perform in games like the 4790k. To use an FX he would need a new motherboard, so why buy into a dying breed? The 3258 is more than plenty capable of pulling off decent frame rates and unless he bought something like a 970 he wouldn't have any issues in the CPU department.

G3258 would be better and much cheaper... and is the newer socket (1150) vs the Ivy Bridge you posted (1155).
This.

I do not believe that Intel will leave this upgrade door open for very long and that o/c'd G3258 will be yesterdays old news in a very short time. Just like the 1366, 1155...ect
Plus you need to buy a cooler to o/c

I do not believe that Intel will leave this upgrade door open for very long and that o/c'd G3258 will be yesterdays old news in a very short time. Just like the 1366, 1155...ect

Well you forgot AM3+ aging pretty hard and will be no more by early 2015.
Given all that and the news I read from amd last year and this year.
I'm not happy at all to go with intel or amd's current apu.
Long as someone is willing to sell fx or core i series from 2011-2015 thats where mine/clients future machines will be.

For the opt he has roomed to move to a newer cpu if money allows it.
Plus they last a long time as long as you don't abuse them with oc or foul something up.
Disreguard the nerd boys in that forum but thats where amd is headed with their socket am3+.
AMD Support and Game Forums - Future of the AM3+ platform? AM4?

I can still buy i5 750s on the reg. He'll be able to buy an i5 for 1150 later if he wants. Not real sure where you're getting no "upgrade door". He may need a cooler to OC, but it's still 60 bucks cheaper WITH a cooler than getting an i5. He doesn't need to OC though. The Pentium has substantially more single threaded performance stock than any AMD chip. It's why it's the "golden" chip.

true words from the intel fan boy
True facts. Core i has significantly more single threaded performance than AMD chips and has had that for quite some time. It's not debatable, and since this is supposed to be a game machine the clear option is the Pentium G3258 which can be upgraded in the future if necessary to an i5.

People who call people fanboys who state facts show their true butthurt colors.

G3258 would be better and much cheaper... and is the newer socket (1150) vs the Ivy Bridge you posted (1155).

Whatever makes you happy none the less I really don't give a **** about intel. :|
Like I was telling someone else awhile ago I am a power user and I do push the machine.
If I locate a amd fx hexa core for under 89.00 bucks during the next 60 days I am buying it.

Whatever makes you happy none the less I really don't give a **** about intel. :|
Like I was telling someone else awhile ago I am a power user and I do push the machine.
If I locate a amd fx hexa core for under 89.00 bucks during the next 60 days I am buying it.

Not sure if you've noticed or not... I'm a power user too ;). Nobody is stopping you from buying whatever chip you want, nor are we stopping the OP from choosing whatever platform he wants - but wouldn't you agree that giving options is always a good choice?

I was simply posting a factual statement: the G3258 is cheaper (by a decent margin) as well as performing better (at stock, not too much better...but still MUCH cheaper).

Like PP said, if it's a gaming machine OP wants, Intel would be the better choice.

Not sure if you've noticed or not... I'm a power user too ;). Nobody is stopping you from buying whatever chip you want, nor are we stopping the OP from choosing whatever platform he wants - but wouldn't you agree that giving options is always a good choice?

You can stop trolling now or being an ******* no one in particular is making the op choose which brand.
You want to know why I did the intel build first ?
I wanted the opt to see he could build a intel gaming starter rig for under 400.00 bucks.
I also told him he had room to upgrade and he does.
I left the amd build out for now so pp or you in general wouldn't the thread upside down.
Besides joes comment I don't care which build he or anyone else goes with.

Long as either intel or amd game well and do good in productivity why all of this this chip is better than that arguments ?

Leave well enough alone or we both can talk to trotter soon.
Someone will be leaving or someone else on here loosing their mod powers permanently.

Back
Top Bottom