i need help with my radeon 850xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

stumpy

Baseband Member
hey every one im really pissed cause i just droped a bunch of money on a new graphics card and i cant install the software/drivers it gives me this error.

internal failure
error Number: 0X80040707
Description:

(and there is nothing next to desction)
And when im scrolling on webpages (up & down) now it stuters.

Please Help me im kinda pissed!

Thats why you get for getting that card. First of all, it was a big mistake. Never get any Radeon X800/X850 cards.

Now about your problem, what are the rest of your system specs. Have you removed your older video card drivers before installing this one? If I were you, I would return that card and get an Nvidia GeForce 6 or 7 series card. You will be much happier.

AMD 3200, 2 gigs of 400 FSB ram, MSI mobo K7N2.
About getting ride of the old drivers i first had a 9800 pro in there (im an ATI guy, can you tell) then I reformatted and installed win xp but didnt do anything with the drivers for the 9800 pro because i knew that my new card was coming shortly. So could there be drivers for that 9800 on there. I looked through the device manager and it wasnÂ’t there.
Although my chipsets are from Nvidia:

NVIDIA® nForce2 SPP Chipset
Supports DDR200/266/333/400
Supports external AGP 4X/8X

NVIDIA® nForce2 MCP2/MCP2-T Chipset
- AC97 Interface supporting up to two concurrent codecs
- Ultra ATA133 for the fastest hard disk throughput
- USB 2.0 EHCI/1.1 OHCI controller
- FireWire® for the fastest digital connectivity (MCP2-T only)
- Audio Processing Unit (APU) encodes audio in Dolby® Digital 5.1 format for full surround
sound effects (MCP2-T only)

And I do have the drivers for the mobo installed.

beedubaya said:
Thats why you get for getting that card. First of all, it was a big mistake. Never get any Radeon X800/X850 cards.

Now about your problem, what are the rest of your system specs. Have you removed your older video card drivers before installing this one? If I were you, I would return that card and get an Nvidia GeForce 6 or 7 series card. You will be much happier.

beedubuya, no offense, but your the biggest nvidia fanboy ever.

p0werslave said:
beedubuya, no offense, but your the biggest nvidia fanboy ever.

Im not a fanboy, I'm a realist :p

And isn't it true that most people here would agree with me that the X800 series was far inferior to the 6800 series, and the driver support is far less than par.

Nevermind i got it fixed (it kicks @$$) thanks guys.
Oh there was something wrong i just used system restore and installed the drivers no prob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom