i need help in building a computer system

Status
Not open for further replies.

benlawr2000

Beta member
Hi..... I'm a high school student from mississauga, ontario canada.... i need help in my computer engineering assignment... we need to plan for materuials for a customized computer system..... each compontents needs to be compatible and different brand.. for example, processor- INTEL, motherboard ASUS, etc,.... can anyone help me.... the computer needs to have the processor, motherboard, memory, cache, different drives, cards, ports, etc.....

I was wondering if you knew what you were talking about, if you didn't and you're just asking this so we can do your homework for you, thats kinda messed up. Plus you can search the forum and find all sorts of threads about people asking for system specs, that could be a better source then directly asking it.

But since you asked I'll give you my dream system specs :)

-DFI LANPARTY NF4 SLI-DR nForce4 SLI Motherboard
-AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Dual-Core Processor w/ a Zalman heatsink
-4x kingston hyper x 1gb ram buffered(black)
-2x Raid HDs (Size depending on whatever the largest available is)
-2x SATA DVD-Drives
-2x BFG 7800GTX Oced
-Fishtank Case

That is an assignment for a computer engineering class? Glad I don't have that assingment, it would take hours. /sarcasim

Just look in everyone's sigs around here and you will find dozens of computer builds.

dam i wish i can clases like that :D

say this

AMD X2 4800+ (1mb cach in each core :p)
DFI NF4 ultra -D
2gig *.Skill pc 4800
2XBFG 7800GTX
Asetek VapoChill LightSpeed phase change cooling system (or you could design one)
LiLan PC-80
OCZ 600watt psu
4X WD Raptor 74gig 10k rpm is raid 0 config
4X19" LCD cbf checking the best type

4GB wont work well with XP...

this is for a class so i dont think they will be OCIng lol

hmm MSI K8N NEo4-platinum
X2 4800+
2GB OCZ ram
seagate 15rpm hdd in raid 0
PCP&C 850W power supply
dual eVGA 7800GTX OC'ed

meh the teacher will probebly be really impressed by the fact that he thought about that and probebly has no idea whas overclocking is (if their anything like the it people at my school) and so won't ask any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom