I need a Gaming computer for 1k, Can it be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
that IS a test :rolleyes: That's Anandtech. Are you really that stubborn??? would someone back me up here?

no dude lol i posted before i saw that.
okay thats a test...but
like I SAID. "...except in a couple of fps (frames per second) tests, like FEAR)." and also, that 6300 is overclocked like 800 mhz. youre proving my point. that isn't a "modrate overclock" in my opinion. thats pretty heavy duty.
find some cinebench, 3d rendering benchmarks...at stock. or find that same test at stock speeds. the results will of course not be the same.
and i am not arguing the fact that c2d is the way to go woth a new build man. it is, but 6600 is the way to go. or 6400 if you are shy of the cash. but you should save your cash, because 6600 is the best money/performance c2d.
now if amd doesnt put something on the table that compares to c2d this fall, i will be buyin one meself.
now enough of this bickering. PM me your settings i would like to see how you go about squeezin 800mhz outta that 3800. i ve bee thinkin about changing my mobo to the m2n ( i think my abit doesnt like high ext cpu clock), and would like to see how you have your htt, multi, htt multi, voltage and ram set up. if you don't mind.
EDIT: nice article, thats pretty cool they will unlock the cache on the 6300-6400. that will take some thought...

umm... It varies.

I had it @ 2.7 via 9X 300 and 1.5V but dual p95 got hot (its stable though)

I got it boot at 2.8 for a while, but the chip was REALLY hot when running 2x p95. It was stable for like an hour or two, but BF2 would crash, so I bumped it down to 2.7GHz.

Its only at 2.6GHz now because my pc was acting funky (video settings to be exact) but i dropped it down to check if it was the problem, which it wasnt so i will be putting back up today.

I have a thermaltake CU cooler on it and my room is frigid...:p

EDIT: As for HTT its at like 850-900 somthing. It doesn't make nearly any impact on performance what so ever. My ram is running at like 700. I have 3 preset clocks that i use 2.0,2.6,2.7 and there are soo many ways of gonig about it each time.

dude no doubt. i change it so much i forget whats stable and whats not.
i can set mine at 299 x 9 and works fine, but 300 x 9....nothing.
that drove (and still does) me crazy.
as for dual p95, yep it will make em sweat. but i wonder, do you ever use your cpu to it's full capability? i don't think i ever do, unless i'm running stability tests. but still, a neccessity. but i will take a setting that's a little hot in p95 and use it on occasion.
i can get it stable at 260 x 11 (2.86), but as in your case, temps are hot hot hot. not really dangerous hot, but i don't like to see temps of 60+.
as far as ram, i change that all the time...i don't know why, i'm just addicted to tinkering, lol.
i run 2 settings most of the time,
350mhz (ddr2 667 in bios w/cpu @ 2.6ish)
and 440ish mhz (ddr2 800 in bios).
i can't really tell them apart, aside from the fact that my desktop icons load up faster, yay!
thanks for the info.
i wonder, you ever hear of the problem i'm having adjusting my ext. cpu clock past 299?
i am totally stumped, unless it is my mobo. in which case i am totally right!

p.s. i just read the entire article that you posted earlier, didn't have time before, and we can see that we are both right (kinda lol), just depends really on the application whether the 6300 is faster than a 4600. i guess my point of contention is that intel does not always destroy amd, and even if i had intel, i probably would recognize that fact. no hard feelings!

Mine would not boot at over 220 until a new bios came out, then it was to the limit of my own stupidty... so eventually i figured out how to keep my htt under 1000, my ram under 800, and change my multiplier to lower settings.

I keep forget to set my pc back to 2.7 lol. ehh...next reboot. My room is like 57F i think haha.

yeah, i do all that.
no matter what...
htt under 1k, ram way under 800, low multi, a s---load of voltage, nothing. it comes on, all the fans are running, lights on mobo are on, but cpu just doesn't do anything.
i think i am running most current bios, i'll double check, tho.
we totally hijacked this thread.

haha... sure did lmao. Ya, i was sooo ****ed when i had the 220 problem, then the bios fixed it...went out and bought a CU hsf the next day lol.

BennyV04988 said:
http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2903&p=1

Jan 10th.... Intel steps it up yet another notch...

Hmmmm... Thats pretty cool. But does that mean that there isn't going to be a E6350 and E6450 with the 1333fsb? I don't see it mattering to much since you could overclock to their but I'm wondering if thats going to be the new thing that seperates them. And if so I wonder if Intel will start limiting the overclocks on the low ends???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom