I need the experts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liveyman

Solid State Member
Ok, I have my girlfriend convinced that I need a new PC so she can play WOW with me. She will be using my current system. I am going to have aroung $1000 to play with. I was thinking of building my own to save a little money, so my question is what should I buy? I will need everything except the RAM. I just recently purchased 2gb of Corsair ValueRAM. You guys are the gaming experts, so I was looking for a little advice on a solid system. I am leaning towards an AMD dual-core processor, but I am up for suggestions. Let me know what you guys ( and girls.... sorry ) think.:)

MSI K8N Neo4 socket 939 mobo
AMD 3200+ ( or 3500+) socket 939 CPU
6800GS ( PCI-E)
Antec sonata II case
Antec TruePower II 550W PSU
Logitech multimedia keyboard
Logitech MX518 gaming mouse ( get a normal one if no money left)
Seagate 120GB HDD
sony or LITEON dvd burner
dvd/cd drive
logitech 2.1 speakers

btw change your sig, if intel make 2.4 mhz P4s, AMD would have taken over the entire market long time ago.

You are not going to be able to afford dual core with that budget unless you really cheap out on other things. Im guessing you need everything (inc moniter,keyboard,mouse), so heres what I would recommend:

Case
ASPIRE X-Plorer ATXB8KLW-BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
$58

PSU
Antec TruePower 2.0 TRUECONTROL II-550 550W Power Supply - Retail
$100

Monitor
Acer AL1914 AB Black 19" 8ms LCD Monitor - Retail
$245

Video Card
eVGA Geforce 7800GT 256-P2-N515-AX Desktop PC - Retail
$284

Motherboard DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
$132

CPU
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor - Retail
$171

Total $990

You will need to go a little over budget because you still need a mouse, keyboard and a DVD drive,

Edit: Also need a hard drive which I forgot to include. If you like you can get this case
Antec LifeStyle SONATA II Piano Black Computer Case - Retail
instead of the PSU/case I suggested up there and then get a HD like this one
Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 SATA NCQ 3Gb/s 160GB 3.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom