Techist - Tech Forum

Techist - Tech Forum (http://www.techist.com/forums/)
-   New Systems | Building and Buying (http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/)
-   -   i need a 5000 gaming computer (http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/i-need-5000-gaming-computer-66272/)

GonZo 09-14-2005 08:57 PM

i need a 5000 gaming computer
 
pzerofgh please help me lol

j4ckaL 09-14-2005 09:01 PM

A $5,000 gaming computer!? Good luck even spending that much money if you try.

PZEROFGH 09-14-2005 09:12 PM

NEC BLACK IDE DVD BURNER
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16827152047

AMD ATHLON 64 4800+
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103544

OCZ 2GB 1GBx2 pc3200
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820227210

Seagate barracuda 250GB sata150
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822148065

Western Digital raptor 74GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822144160

ABIT Fatal1ty AN8-SLI Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813127206

^only good Sli board which supports X2s^

eVGA 7800GTX OCed
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130237

times 2

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130237


WHICH X-FI CARD TO BUY so confusing anyways X-FI one of them

zalman 7700cu
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835118115

ViewSonic VX924 Black/Silver 19" 3ms gray-to-gray (avg.); 6ms white-black-white (typ)' LCD Monitor 270 cd/m2 550:1 - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824116355

PC Power & Cooling 850 SSI SLI, EPS12V, SSI 850W Power Supply 90 - 264V UL/ ULC/ CE/ TUV - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817703002


Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000BWA Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811133132


Logitech Z-5500 505 Watts 5.1 Speaker - Retail
may or may not need
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16836121120

i dont konw what the price is
probably under 5000 for all i know

1000 video care + 1000 cpu + 1000 for other stuff

EDIT: couple of vantec tornadoes

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811999612
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811999612
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811999612
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811999612

not sure if that VGA cooler is good or not

defintely need a new cpu cooler

PZEROFGH 09-14-2005 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by j4ckaL
A $5,000 gaming computer!? Good luck even spending that much money if you try.
dual opteron with 8GBs of ram and like 8 hdds

PZEROFGH 09-14-2005 09:40 PM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835100007

sickness 09-14-2005 11:34 PM

PZEROFGH - What's wrong with the DFI Lanparty and the Abit AN8? Those support the X2 I thought. Both support Socket 939.

PP Mguire 09-14-2005 11:50 PM

The DFI is clearly the best slection for this. It supports it awesomelike.

j4ckaL 09-15-2005 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by PZEROFGH
dual opteron with 8GBs of ram and like 8 hdds
lol, that would be such a waste.....

PP Mguire 09-15-2005 12:20 AM

True, but a KILLER server. You could always buy the Thunder quad Opteron and 32gigs of ram. lol

SamLee0519 09-15-2005 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by PZEROFGH
NEC BLACK IDE DVD BURNER
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16827152047

AMD ATHLON 64 4800+
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103544

OCZ 2GB 1GBx2 pc3200
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820227210

Seagate barracuda 250GB sata150
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822148065

Western Digital raptor 74GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822144160

ABIT Fatal1ty AN8-SLI Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813127206

^only good Sli board which supports X2s^

eVGA 7800GTX OCed
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130237

times 2

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130237


WHICH X-FI CARD TO BUY so confusing anyways X-FI one of them

zalman 7700cu
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835118115

ViewSonic VX924 Black/Silver 19" 3ms gray-to-gray (avg.); 6ms white-black-white (typ)' LCD Monitor 270 cd/m2 550:1 - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824116355

PC Power & Cooling 850 SSI SLI, EPS12V, SSI 850W Power Supply 90 - 264V UL/ ULC/ CE/ TUV - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817703002


Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000BWA Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811133132


Logitech Z-5500 505 Watts 5.1 Speaker - Retail
may or may not need
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16836121120

i dont konw what the price is
probably under 5000 for all i know

1000 video care + 1000 cpu + 1000 for other stuff

EDIT: couple of vantec tornadoes

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811999612
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811999612
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811999612
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811999612

not sure if that VGA cooler is good or not

defintely need a new cpu cooler


1) OCz RAM with $5000 to spend? Uh, no. Go for Corsair, thanks. Corsair XMS Pro, or actually just wait for DDR2.

2) Hello?
"^only good Sli board which supports X2s^"

Where were you when ASUS, MSI, and DFI made one of the greatest SLI boards ever?

3) You don't know which sound card to get? It all depends on your price and what you want. You a music craze? Get the Elite Pro. You just listen to music as leisure? Then just get the regular X-Fi ($130)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.