I have Never built a PC ever.......

affordabletech

Beta member
So I am using a macbook pro 2010.... I upgraded the HD to an SSD and ram... but its not enough..

I use my laptop to stream netflix... and edit videos on FCP for my youtube channel (affordabletech)

It cant handle it sometimes...

I have never built a PC...

Is it easier and cheaper to just buy a PC deal when a good deal comes up ?

Or cheaper to buy my own parts? how difficult is it?

And.. is there any affordable options.. IE less than $500 to build or purchase a machine that can handle FCP editing of videos etc. ?

thanks again guys!

I can tell you from my own experience, that its not hard to build a computer. but it is stressful. i worried over picking out the best parts for the money, then making sure every piece was compatible. then there are all the unknowns, like how many little things that are necessary will i have to pickup, if they are not included with one part or another (like cables or other small stuff). then there is stress when installing critical parts, making absolutely certain to not damage anything. like it took me 4 tries to get the cpu cooler fully seated. next time all of this will be easier. the next time will likely be a few years down the road for my daughter. when she goes on to college. and by then, a lot of this will change. then there is installing and updating the software. personally, i NEEDED to do this to get a GOOD system that i could afford. so if stress isn't you bag, and money isn't a huge factor, i would suggest buying over building. basically i saved about $300 bucks by doing it myself. on what would be about an $800.00 computer.

Back
Top Bottom