I have a HP ze5607wm laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

slpdem

Beta member
Hi,

Thanks for looking..

I was curious about something with my laptop, now we all know that intel and amd both have their pros and cons.

But I recently purchased a laptop, and it runs pretty nice, but it has a 2.6ghz intel celeron, and we all know they don't leave much to be desired.

I was wondering if anybody would happen to know if it would be possible to switch out the celeron for a p4, or which ever more powerful processor matches the socket in my laptop..

now keep in mind I know that there is a chance the processor is soldered in, and will not be removable, I have yet to have the time to check.

I am relatively skilled with hardware, but the whole laptop world is new to me, I havent done much with the internals of a laptop..

Please help me out the best you can, thanks alot.

Dave

I was wondering this too... My dad bought a Sempron 3000 laptop and I'm wondering if I could switch it out for a Turion64...

I was wondering if anybody would happen to know if it would be possible to switch out the celeron for a p4, or which ever more powerful processor matches the socket in my laptop..

depends on how much money you have, and the power supply of the laptop.
i wouldn't try that myself, i'd get a tech to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom